First CR9 painted for Air Mekong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YEP. SJS and quick upgrades.

SJS and quick upgrades? Seriously? Most of the people going are already on the 700/900. So noone is chasing a pipe dream of flying a bigger RJ. And they didn't offer upgrades to FO's. So essentially the FO's who take the contract are locking themselves into 13 more months in the right seat despite the possible upgrade in the next year here at home.

The fact of the matter is this is a completely different model and set up vs. your standard contract job. Like 79% said, name another contract where you can accrue seniority, vacation, and sick time at your home carrier while you're gone. It's the ultimate insurance policy.

There is not much ALPA could do for this contract. It is in a country where unions are illegal, and this is outside the scope of you CBA. Trust me, we are all very curious how this little arrangement develops.

You are making the same arguments that people who undercut always use and it always falls short. And about contract pilots working on MD 11 for 60K? AMERICAN CHEAP LABOR, and you are continuing the downward trend and simply don't care do you? It will always amaze me as to how some of the best trained, experienced and professional pilots in the world always make excuses to justify being the worst paid

You are wasting your time. These are ASa pylots. One of the most brainwashed pilot groups out there. Mainly because while other management are starving their pilots, their management has figured out that if you give a dog half a bone, they will do your bidding. TFAYD

There is not much ALPA could do for this contract. It is in a country where unions are illegal, and this is outside the scope of you CBA. Trust me, we are all very curious how this little arrangement develops.

What does alpa have anything to do with it? Tell your management collectively to change the terms. Do you guys have some forum where you can discuss this amongst yourselves?? ?Have you looked around to see what Vietnam Airlines pilots are making with their contracts?

Last edited:
You are wasting your time. These are ASa pylots. One of the most brainwashed pilot groups out there. Mainly because while other management are starving their pilots, their management has figured out that if you give a dog half a bone, they will do your bidding. TFAYD
Ah!
Words of wisdom from the guy who felches Hulas every evening after he comes home from a hard day of swinging gear. Howz that goat jizz taste?
PBR

Unions are not illegal in Vietnam.

Ah!
Words of wisdom from the guy who felches Hulas every evening after he comes home from a hard day of swinging gear. Howz that goat jizz taste?
PBR

So whomever finds my references to certain people insulting does not find this offensive?

Really?

He said "felches"?

I personally think it's one of the funniest words ever, right up there with fart!

But you don't see fit to gripe to the moderators about "felches" and "goat cheese"?

Really?

Really?

I just don't get it!!!

SJS and quick upgrades? Seriously? Most of the people going are already on the 700/900. So noone is chasing a pipe dream of flying a bigger RJ. And they didn't offer upgrades to FO's. So essentially the FO's who take the contract are locking themselves into 13 more months in the right seat despite the possible upgrade in the next year here at home.

The fact of the matter is this is a completely different model and set up vs. your standard contract job. Like 79% said, name another contract where you can accrue seniority, vacation, and sick time at your home carrier while you're gone. It's the ultimate insurance policy.

The fact of the matter is, we had the exact same model offered to us to fly EMB-120's in Belgium where we accrued seniority, vacation, and sick time, etc. but got paid more to fly 30 seat turboproprs, than your offer at Air Mekong flying 90 seat jets!

Latest resources

Back