Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jedi_Cheese

Remove your shoes please!
The 4th is coming up and some friends of mine are thinking about making a fireworks run... Has anyone looked into using an aircraft (C172 or the like) for this sort of run? Does anyone have a clue if there is an 'approved' list of classes of fireworks to fly on small aircraft? Is this one of those technically legal but stupid to do cases?

Last edited:
It's also one of the best places...from a safe and legal distace, obviously...to WATCH the fireworks show. :cool:

yup,

lets load up that 172 with explosives and take to the air....

ok...

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant make this stuff up.

Last edited:
When you are going to get something like 100-200 lbs worth of fireworks which are quasi legal (varies by state and locality) and then travel 400 miles with them, the risks compared to using a car sorta even out.

I think his "Current Position" says it all. This is not a gray area. Highly illegal. Highly stupid. Stick to riding bicycles.

Loading an airplane full of explosives and taking to the air...
Hmmm sounds a lot like.........suspicious activity maybe?
Think you'll be shot before you reach the runup area...LOL
ATC tape..." no no NOOOOH please don't shoot me down.....it's for the 4th....... aaaaah..." end of tape

A couple of years ago under part 135, and perfectly legal, I hauled a drum of Jet B, 300# of dynamite and a box of blasting caps in a Cessna 207.

There is a clause in the hazMat regs allowing normally prohibited items to be carried in an aircraft in remote enviroments. There are some specific requirements that must be met, involving packaging and handleing. Its been a while since I have had hazmat training, so I can't quote the exact regulation. Although this won't help with the current question, I just wanted to point out that where there is a will there is a waiver.

On a side note. At the time of this flight, I was a chain smoker. For some reason this trip was smoke free...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back