• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Firefox web browser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use Opera (the free version with ads, although I've prevented the ads from appearing. I have a blank area instead). Been using it for several years.

I'd switch to Firefox but I think Opera responds a bit faster & I like being able to drag & drop tab order. I also like a particular skin available for Opera that very, very clearly marks unread tabs compared to ones I've clicked on.

I love Firefox but have noticed when I post the spacing between wordstend close once I post it. I'm not sure if this is a factor of usingFirefox or something with the site, but otherwise I love it. :)

I'm using Firefox and haven't had any issues with disappearing spaces.

Hmmmm. Something's afoot, my dear Watson.

God Bless Firefox!!!!

I got it months ago and LOVE IT!!! Just having a better interface for the bookmarks up along the toolbar makes the switch worth it. I am not that much of a computer wizard so I couldn't tell you all of the bene's , but the really smart people always say to get it and ditch IE.

The best way to put it: Remember the guys in high school who were taking classes with you but were still in middle school? Those are the folks that laughed at me for still using IE.... I had to switch, I got shamed into it!!!

If you have doubts, I got this article from PCWorld.com. There are 270 hits if you search "firefox" on there website. Good luck in the switch. I also recommend the google add-on. It puts a google text window in the upper right hand corner and is king-kong for fast searches.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,118959,00.asp

Alternative browsers

Tinstaafl said:
I use Opera (the free version with ads, although I've prevented the ads from appearing. I have a blank area instead). Been using it for several years.

I'd switch to Firefox but I think Opera responds a bit faster & I like being able to drag & drop tab order. I also like a particular skin available for Opera that very, very clearly marks unread tabs compared to ones I've clicked on.
RideTheWind said:
I've also been using Opera www.opera.com/ now for about 2 years, a real nice alternative to IE.
I also have Opera and it isn't bad. The e-mail client seems slightly clunky to use, in my $0.02 opinion.

Still can't determine why spaces would run together when I post with Firefox. Apparently it is happening to others, according to a post above.

Safari on my Mac is completely satisfactory, but seems slightly slower than Firefox.

Have been using Firefox for about 6 months and it seems a bit slower than IE and alot of the pages do not load any pics. Homepage or news pages.
Ideas?

Firefox rules. No spyware, Adware or pop ups!
The second I open IE I get a virus or install or pop up or adware blah blah blah....
YAY FIREFOX The internet is fun again!

Latest resources

Back