Firefox web browser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cherokee said:
First of all I too have had problems with the wordsrunning togetherbut I guess I was not aware it was a browser problem, Ifigured it wasa problem with flightinfo? Don't know?

The cut and paste problem happens when I try to paste a URL oractuallyanything onto a reply to a thread. When I right -click there isnooption to paste and when I try to use the paste button in theareaabove where you type a reply to a thread it says 'You need to edityouMozilla config file to allow this action'. (Had to type thisoutlong-hand since I couldn't cut and paste!)

The wordsrunningtogether thing is only a recent problem, that startedhappening to everybody at the same time, so there's no way that can beconnected to the browser.

As far as your pasting problem, I can paste stuff just fine (via thekeyboard shortcut and the conext menu) and I'm on a fresh install offirefox (1.0). Maybe an extension you are (or were) using screwed withyour settings?

I am making this post in IE to see if any of the words run together, to confirm that this in fact is a browser-independent problem. Maybe this post is too short for this error to happen just by chance, so I'm gonna add in some junk to make it longer. Cram it, climb it, clean it, call it, cool it! Um, circle, climb, confess! Uh, Airspeed, Best field, Checklist! Oh wow, what do you know, nothing happened to the above text, so let's add some more junk to it.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SN-004_N960SS_Extra200.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SN-004_N960SS_Extra200.jpg
A 1997 Extra 300/200 (S/N 004) manufactured by Extra Flugzeugbau in Germany.

The Extra Flugzeugbau company was established in Germany by Walter Extra, an aerobatic pilot, to design and develop his own aerobatic aircraft. Walter Extra introduced the Extra 300/200 in 1996, and the aircraft is fully certificated in the U.S. to +/-10 G's. The 200 is a little smaller than the Extra 300L, and is powered by a 200 hp, rather then a 300 hp Lycoming engine. It also uses the same wing and tail structure as the EA300/S. It was considerably less expensive, at $170,000 (1996 new), versus the 300L's price of $235,000 (1996 new). At lower speeds, the performance is similar to the Decathalon. When opened up though, it performs similar to the Pitts S-2B (the Pitts has a 60HP edge, but the aerodynamic and clean design of the Extra makes it comparable in performance.

Last edited:
This is the above post, pasted in Firefox.

I am making this post in IE to see if any of the words run together, to confirm that this in fact is a browser-independent problem. Maybe this post is too short for this error to happen just by chance, so I'm gonna add in some junk to make it longer. Cram it, climb it, clean it, call it, cool it! Um, circle, climb, confess! Uh, Airspeed, Best field, Checklist! Oh wow, what do you know, nothing happened to the above text, so let's add some more junk to it.

The Extra Flugzeugbau company was established in Germany by Walter Extra, an aerobatic pilot, to design and develop his own aerobatic aircraft. Walter Extra introduced the Extra 300/200 in 1996, and the aircraft is fully certificated in the U.S. to +/-10 G's. The 200 is a little smaller than the Extra 300L, and is powered by a 200 hp, rather then a 300 hp Lycoming engine. It also uses the same wing and tail structure as the EA300/S. It was considerably less expensive, at $170,000 (1996 new), versus the 300L's price of $235,000 (1996 new). At lower speeds, the performance is similar to the Decathalon. When opened up though, it performs similar to the Pitts S-2B (the Pitts has a 60HP edge, but the aerodynamic and clean design of the Extra makes it comparable in performance.

Cherokee

Your not alone. I am unable to copy and paste as well. For some reasonIcan paste in the Title area, however not in the message area.

L

and in Firefox:

Using IE

Using IE, copy and paste works fine.....

The cutandpaste problem happens when I try to paste a URL oractuallyanythingonto a reply to a thread. When I right -click there isnooption topaste and when I try to use the paste button in theareaabove where youtype a reply to a thread it says 'You need to edityouMozilla configfile to allow this action'. (Had to type thisoutlong-hand since Icouldn't cut and paste!)

Last edited:
I just switched too. I'm still working on some minor sound and graphic issues, but I like it a lot. Being able to browse in tabs vs. having to open another IE window is great.

I've been using FireFox for about a month now but still prefer IE. I'll probably switch back soon.

I've been using FireFox for about a month now but still prefer IE. I'll probably switch back soon.

I guess make sure to run Windows Update daily and disable all those useless ActiveX controls.

Pete

Latest resources

Back