• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finding Qualified Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's kind of hard to blame someone for going to a place like Virgin right NOW. Truth is, if you don't know that special someone at one of the current airlines that are hiring, you aren't going anywhere.

LUV in my humble opinion, is the best pax flying job out there right now. But what are the chances of someone actually getting the job? Almost slim to none in most cases. Although, with LUV you have to meet some hard requirements to get the invite. I just don't think that your buddy could get you in like it is at most places. All the others, require you to know someone and go to bat for you.

Some just don't have those advantages. In retrospect, I don't blame some for trying the only avenue that's available to them. I know what it's like to see your peers with less time and experience than you, leave to greener pastures. Not because they're better qualified or better pilots or a better person than you, but because they knew somebody. Just in case anybody's wondering, I'm not applying at VA. I'm already in training for a good carrier that I was fortunate enough to have my buddies help with. (I'm no exception). And no, it's not Skybus either. Damn, now LUV just called as well. What to do?

Can anyone confirm that VA is asking all new FOs to fly 1 year in the left seat before they can upgrade? And once they upgrade they'll have to go to the bottom of the captain's seniority list?
Also is it also true that all new hire pilots are asked to sign an agreement that they won't try to unionize? SFO is no more expensive or cheaper than NY. Majority of the pilots will turn out to be commuters just like JB.

Can anyone confirm that VA is asking all new FOs to fly 1 year in the left seat before they can upgrade? And once they upgrade they'll have to go to the bottom of the captain's seniority list?

Yes, that's what I was told.

Chronic Jetlag said:
Also is it also true that all new hire pilots are asked to sign an agreement that they won't try to unionize?

Not that I know of. TC

P.S.--Good one, TWAdude! :D

Latest resources

Back