Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA717driver

A simpler time...
I was told that Virgin America had pretty much cleaned out the ranks of "qualified" A320 typed pilots and will now consider 757/767 experience and lots of time for CA positions.

I told my friend that if they even paid $10/hr. more they would be able to find a lot more people.

We'll see if they're serious about getting and retaining quality people. TC

There's no real surprise.

The ex-Indy guys are almost all somewhere stable, the majors have recalled a very large portion of their furloughees and will finish recalls by the end of the year in most cases.

There's just not a large pool of applicants to draw on if you want A320 experience.

I disagree with you about one thing: they could raise the salary $50 an hour and they'd still have a hard time getting guys to leave their major airline job and come fly there. Too big of a risk, not enough payoff.

Would you get some of the lower-seniority guys from maybe JBlue who would see A320 CA within 12 months? Maybe. But that would be about it.

They're going to have to take high-time regional guys before they start getting meat in the seats, and even then the experienced high-time pilots and check airmen might pass also since they're trying to get with a stable Major carrier.

Worst time in recent aviation history to start an airline (barring post 9/11 of course).

I'm considring applying. The pay isn't great but really isn't awful. I just need to make the jump into bigger equipment.

Anybody know what their plans are as far as hiring FOs?

Latest resources

Back