Financial problems for Sentient

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys,

First of all, you've misinterpreted me. My intent was not to get everyone infuriated about this.

So, why is it that you are knocking me just becasue I want to see my employer stay in business? I don't see it as cheerleading, but trying to at least defend SOME level of credibility of the place - which i agree gets harder by the day. There are those of us who are busting our ass 20 days per month to keep the place alive.

Understood, Red.

What is getting people riled up though, is that the pilots in STL who were let go...many of them were there well before the buy out and their hard work, dedication, commitment to safety and customer service made that company the attractive, profitable venture it was. They busted their butts, like you do, to do their best and stick by the company through the initial buy out, then the merger, all the while trying to look on the bright side.

True, the writing was on the wall for a looong time, but there were good guys there who hoped for the best and thought things might work out, being under a larger national umbrella.

It sounds like you do your best day in and day out like the guys in STL. Imagine how you'd feel if for all your efforts as a line pilot,(as small as they might be in the grand company scheme) you were tossed to the curb. You'd probably be a bit riled up, and defensive too. That's what's going on in this thread, really.

Good luck, and hopefully the dark clouds do not come your way.

Understood, Red.

What is getting people riled up though, is that the pilots in STL who were let go...many of them were there well before the buy out and their hard work, dedication, commitment to safety and customer service made that company the attractive, profitable venture it was. They busted their butts, like you do, to do their best and stick by the company through the initial buy out, then the merger, all the while trying to look on the bright side.

True, the writing was on the wall for a looong time, but there were good guys there who hoped for the best and thought things might work out, being under a larger national umbrella.

It sounds like you do your best day in and day out like the guys in STL. Imagine how you'd feel if for all your efforts as a line pilot,(as small as they might be in the grand company scheme) you were tossed to the curb. You'd probably be a bit riled up, and defensive too. That's what's going on in this thread, really.

Good luck, and hopefully the dark clouds do not come your way.

i appreciate you hearing me out and understanding - and i agree with you. Stale, sorry if i got a little loose lipped on you, no hard feelings. Unfortunately they already got rid of 5 people here about a month ago, hopefully no more. That weighs very heavily on everyone.

Look, we've been told all the same things as you guys have; its gonnas be great, better benefits, better pay, stronger big company, more airplanes. none of it, and i mean NONE of it, has happened. However, its not done and we're still all hanging in here (with few other options if you own a house) to make the best of it. Im sorry for those that got bitten by the boston bugs. In my opinion the blame for all this lies squarely on their shoulders out there - and now the villans are all gone, doing their own thing again.

My approach to this is that i just have to keep my chin high and keep fighting the good fight - at least until my paycheck bounces or doesnt show up. Everyone has their role, mine is to drive and i will keep doing it until there's no more to be done. The schedule is fairly full and the owners seem relatively okay so far... and if i know the people who run our shop, they'll keep pushing for us.

Anyway, enough said.

peace out.

Holy smokes!

Peace breaks out on a flightinfo thread! Call the media! There's hope for this place yet!:laugh:

Fly safe guys
:beer:

No Peace here. Rumor is that Sentient has come up with some cash (700Billion???) so we all might be able to start flying for them again!

WooHoo!

So what ever happened to the operators that weren't getting their vendor invoices paid by Sentient? Are they being paid now or is it still a problem?

Our particular Charter company told me yesterday that Sentient is now all caught up with past invoices. So I guess they are back to paying current. We will see how long that lasts since 'Season' is about to start next month here in South Florida (that is, if we even have one now..).

Our particular Charter company told me yesterday that Sentient is now all caught up with past invoices. So I guess they are back to paying current. We will see how long that lasts since 'Season' is about to start next month here in South Florida (that is, if we even have one now..).

I guess this is what I meant in not as many words saying they came up with cash. We really could use their business in the midwest too.

-CaKe

Sentient Flight Group is now two SEPARATE companies (Sentient and JetDirect). Don't get confused by this because Sentient has paid most of their vendors, but JetDirect still has people to payoff.

JetDirect is now the company that operates the aircraft and Sentient is back to being a broker.

Latest resources

Back