Finally some good news from AWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HP Classes

I am just curious if there were any classes cancelled or postponed in addition to the cancelled or postponed interviews? I interviewed a few weeks ago and was told to expect a class by August or September. I know that a few people who were expecting to start on April 18 were put off until June 6th- anyone care to comment on this?

Regarding the interview experience at America West- I thought it was pretty cool to get the job offer right away after doing the panel interview! No need to wait to find out if you made it or not.

Last edited:
I think classes are being put back due to the Airbus delivery schedule. Most aren't arriving until the third and fourth quarter 2005.

Parker wants to fix the operation so we aren't doing the increased utilization flying that we did last summer. Four new Airbus' just arrived and we are using them from LAS-ANC, LAS-PIT, and some additional PHX flying. I think we added a third CLE flight, a second Cancun, and some additional turns in the west coast markets.

The press keeps reporting that we pulled out of the trans-con markets, but this isn't true. We still fly LAX to JFK and LAX to BOS.

I'm glad they are trying to fix the operation before expanding much more. Our performance last summer just sucked. We were cancelling up to 20 flights a day. This month we are in the top three on on-time and only cancelling one or two flights a day.

Things a are still good on 737 reserve! I've only flown around 35 hours this month and the month is almost over.

Cactus-Wrench said:
I can't speak for the upper floor but I can tell you this, "the employees" do not want stock options or at least "the employees" from BK and prior deffinitely do not want any more stock options, been there done that, got the t-shirt right after thumbs up rally.

I hear ya, Wrench! My t-shirt is packed away! But I do not think that will happen again.

Kathy

Cactus73 said:
Our performance last summer just sucked. We were cancelling up to 20 flights a day.

Historically the summer has always been troublesome for AWA. Always a lot of cancellations.

I remember one summer when I had helped a passenger with a problem regarding an error in re-booking his family to ATL after a thru-flight a/c swap. About a month later, he wrote a very nice letter to AWA for the help I provided. It started out, "I am not sure if you remember me. I was the passenger that was very upset." Although I did remember his situation, I had to chuckle because every passenger was upset that summer! :)

I am glad to see that they are being more proactive. I really think that Doug Parker has turned the airline around. He has also helped to improve the image of the airline by being accessible to the media. Very large departure from Bill Franke.

Kathy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back