• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finally Out of the Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FO and Av8r, I'll give everything another good hard look after these bids close. ONT sounds awesome…

Repeat after me: ONT-DFW-PHX-LAS (HOTEL) LAS-PHX-DFW-PHX-LAS (HOTEL) LAS-PHX-DFW-PHX-LAS (HOTEL) … Kidding, not that bad but as a new guy you’ll see that sequence A LOT ;)

And as for the MD, I figure I'll spend plenty of my career in that plane anyway…

Why will you spend all that time in the MD? - Only if you bid it; unless displaced to it and then you can always bid off of it once you get of your probation.

I have a feeling that regardless what I have in the bid pref, they'll put us probies in either the MD or Z or out in ONT. Guess we'll see after the displacement bid closes.

MD yes, Z yes but I would be very surprised if anyone gets displaced to ONT unless it’s their choice #1. Even though ONT is short on crews there are some ~150 captains for ~120 FOs so they can always use captains to fly in the right seat. I heard MD and Z are short on FOs and CAs.

Last edited:
Can you pick trips on reserve?

You can preference trips (bid) on reserve the day prior that fall in your reserve time. Based on seniority, consolidation, how many reserves will be left in base. Not sure what else.

Last edited:
Based on seniority, consolidation, how many reserves will be left in base. Not sure what else.
Also based on which scheduler you're talking to... ;)

Any news about another class in March after the one on the 8th?

Good info on ONT. I'v heard reserve is pretty slow. How long is it taking people to hold a line based in ONT?

Junior line holder went to 11/01/06 hire. It's a crapshoot depending on how many senior people bid reserve. Compared to the bottom lines, reserve maybe better.

Any news about another class in March after the one on the 8th?

From UPS HR:
We have hired 26 in February, 31 in March.

Our pilot application window is currently closed. As soon as it is
opened again we will communicate that via our Pilot Hiring Hotline 1-800-241-2357.

Aircraft Orders: We will receive (10) MD-11's in 2007, we will receive (10) new Boeing 747-400's in the next 18 months, and we just announced an order for an additional (27) B-767's to be entered in to service beginning in 2009.

We are actively recruiting for positions as Ground Training Instructors, Aircraft Performance Engineering, MD-11 Ground Training, and Flight Simulator Engineering. All these positions are posted on www.upsjobs.com under the "professional" job category.

We have 3/8, 3/22, and 4/4 class dates planned. They are all planned for MD-11 Anchorage, MD-11 SDF, B-757 SDF, ONT, and Z.​

From UPS HR:
We have hired 26 in February, 31 in March.​
Our pilot application window is currently closed. As soon as it is​
opened again we will communicate that via our Pilot Hiring Hotline 1-800-241-2357.​
Aircraft Orders: We will receive (10) MD-11's in 2007, we will receive (10) new Boeing 747-400's in the next 18 months, and we just announced an order for an additional (27) B-767's to be entered in to service beginning in 2009.​
We are actively recruiting for positions as Ground Training Instructors, Aircraft Performance Engineering, MD-11 Ground Training, and Flight Simulator Engineering. All these positions are posted on www.upsjobs.com under the "professional" job category.​
We have 3/8, 3/22, and 4/4 class dates planned. They are all planned for MD-11 Anchorage, MD-11 SDF, B-757 SDF, ONT, and Z.​

Does this statement about 26 hired in FEB and 31 in MAR mean those added to the hiring pool or people who will actually sit in class? Especially since it is only the first week of MAR???? Thanks for the info Jetlagggy!

From UPS HR:
We have hired 26 in February, 31 in March.​
Our pilot application window is currently closed. As soon as it is​
opened again we will communicate that via our Pilot Hiring Hotline 1-800-241-2357.​
Aircraft Orders: We will receive (10) MD-11's in 2007, we will receive (10) new Boeing 747-400's in the next 18 months, and we just announced an order for an additional (27) B-767's to be entered in to service beginning in 2009.​
We are actively recruiting for positions as Ground Training Instructors, Aircraft Performance Engineering, MD-11 Ground Training, and Flight Simulator Engineering. All these positions are posted on www.upsjobs.com under the "professional" job category.​
Does this statement about 26 hired in FEB and 31 in MAR mean those added to the hiring pool or people who will actually sit in class? Especially since it is only the first week of MAR???? Thanks for the info Jetlagggy!

People in class...15 started today and another 16 later this month.

Latest resources

Back