Finally Out of the Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V2, what fleet you going to?

Dunno. Hard to say right now. This displacement bid should be interesting and then I'll have another hard look at the 75 vs the A300 vs the MD and take it from there. Right now I'm leaning towards the A300 because of the blocks of 15 rsv days at once = commute once a month.

Of course it could all be moot since the company said they would "try" to go with what's in our pref bids. Maybe you can get MIA eh?

Right now I'm leaning towards the A300 because of the blocks of 15 rsv days at once = commute once a month.

So wouldn't MD make more sense? I thought A300 had more of a week on week off schedule on reserve (and hard lines) than MD did. Maybe I got wrong info?

I'm leaning toward the same 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and thought MD had more schedules like that than any other fleet (exception being the 747?)

Last edited:
What kind of reserve blocks does the MD have? 15 on has got to be rough if you commute being gone that long. Anybody want to share how busy reserve is on the different fleets and bases?

ONT is all 15 on/13 off. It actually makes life easier for the commute since it's once a month. Either get the big bag or plan on doing laundry. Not much flying going on over the weekend unless someone calls in sick. Probably the hardest part is deciding what to pack. Pac Rim, HNL, transcon are all players with their own weather.

If you're lucky, you can preference a trip and maybe get a ticket on one end.

Good info on ONT. I'v heard reserve is pretty slow. How long is it taking people to hold a line based in ONT?

What kind of reserve blocks does the MD have? 15 on has got to be rough if you commute being gone that long. Anybody want to share how busy reserve is on the different fleets and bases?

This is always a moving target but reserve does seem to go mostly junior on the MD, The MD sdf currently offers mostly 15 day blocks with some midnight to noon week on week off reserve.

FO and Av8r, I'll give everything another good hard look after these bids close. ONT sounds awesome, except that my airport car is in SDF and I don't trust it to make it all the way to Cali.

And as for the MD, I figure I'll spend plenty of my career in that plane anyway, so why not get a chance to sample some others since we won't be seat locked anyway. Of course training cycles are always fun....

I have a feeling that regardless what I have in the bid pref, they'll put us probies in either the MD or Z or out in ONT. Guess we'll see after the displacement bid closes.

Latest resources

Back