Finally Out of the Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
???

Congrats Dog Rocket, welcome onboard, hopefully more poolies are to follow very soon!

I know there are more long term poolies out there; do you have any advice for them? Did your sponsors made some recent phone calls on your behalf? Did you attend any recent job fairs? Did you try something new or was it a totally out of the blue call? I'm sure the other guys/gals would appreciate any advice you can give them. Again, congrats and welcome onboard!

My sponsor retired back in Septemebr and after that I took a more proactive approach. Over the past six months I had faxed in a few updates, since I was no longer able to update my online resume. I faxed one in around the new year and said that I was interested in being Anchorage based. I also left messages for three different HR reps but never recieved a return phone call. The call was totally out of the blue!

I had not attendend any job fairs since March 2006.

They did not tell me whether or not to expect Z or domestic, it sounds like it will be a surprise. :D

DR

Congrats! Maybe the pool will empty out enough for the app window to open up again soon. Been trying for a long time!

I guess "Z" is a reference to international flying? Are most new hires going to straight to the right seat these days?

Congrats! Maybe the pool will empty out enough for the app window to open up again soon. Been trying for a long time!

I guess "Z" is a reference to international flying? Are most new hires going to straight to the right seat these days?

Right now yes. The 727's are being parked later this year. So that leaves only the DC-8 and 747. Most of those side seats are taken by over 60 folk from what I understand. OK by me! I like looking out the window! Z=international.

Right now yes. The 727's are being parked later this year. So that leaves only the DC-8 and 747. Most of those side seats are taken by over 60 folk from what I understand. OK by me! I like looking out the window! Z=international.

All FEs at UPS will be over 60 years old or a few under 60 who are unable to complete FO training. No more newhires to the panel at UPS!

Yes, more hiring planned. 2 classes in March and another in the works for April. They speculate that there will be 2 classes a month this year.

BTW, 2/26 class was 17. ANC MD-11, 757Z, 757 SDF and ONT.

Thanks Dog Rocket - again congrats to you!

"or a few under 60 who are unable to complete FO training."

El Cid - You're talking about the few remaining PFEs correct?

Latest resources

Back