• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finally Out of the Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Dog Rocket - again congrats to you!

"or a few under 60 who are unable to complete FO training."

El Cid - You're talking about the few remaining PFEs correct?

No not at all. We do not have any PFEs under 60 as far as I know. We do have several FEs that have not been able to complete their upgrades. Does JS from Japan ring a bell?

we do have a few PFE's that are under 60. Most of them are I would even say. Don't confuse the retreads with being PFE's. PFE's were the original flight engineer only guys paid as FO's

What kind of call out times for those on reserve? Most lines 2 weeks out?

90-120 minutes depending on domicile. Don't know what you mean by two weeks out. All trips are not two weeks long and all reserve blocks are not two weeks long either

Question for newhires: does anyone know if folks offered to take the assessment usually get called for an interview or any stats on passing or failing it? I have read on another board about the assessment, but it all seemed to be about when they applied, when the received the email about the assessment, when they interviewed and so on. No one has really said
"I took the assessment and did not get the call for an interview" Just wondering what to expect next.

Just received an E mail from UPS telling me to complete my app for the possibility of an interview. Of course I'm on the road, away from all the info I need to do so. Two friends in the past week have also received the same. Progress, slow but sure. How quickly from this point does UPS bring folks in for an interview they deem qualified?

Your app or the online assessment? If the latter, it might happen really fast as in within days. If it your application, make sure you fill it all out, do not save part of it for later, you might get locked out! Good luck!

Latest resources

Back