• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

finally did it....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I apologize for the ranting; Im not an angry person just cant stand pure ignorance/stupidity whatever the case may be. Pimpjuice has obviously seen wall street the movie a few too many times to understand how real life works, but if he goes to make a bazillion dollars in a few years good for him. Im happy where I am at, making more money than I could have dreamed of as a pilot and living a life which at my age Im pretty satisified with so to hell with crying about it.

On a side note thank you PJ for serving our country, youve earned my respect for that. One last piece of advice when you get out in the real world is to keep your ego at bay, shut your mouth open your ears and learn from the best. From my observations those might be your down falls but Im hoping you prove me wrong...goodluck

Look, I don't know how many different ways to say it. There is significant value in an MBA. Is it for everyone? No. Is it a sure bet towards riches? No. But....there are many many things learned at a top school that are directly applicable to the business world.

I'll say this again too....I've served in the military for ten years and been working now for the summer on wall street longer than you've been at your job so I still fail to see how you have so much real world experience to be offering your proseptive. I do not discredit your work or your life. I'm sure it's working out great for you and that's fine but but this is a thread dedicated to those transistioning out of professional aviation careers and an in my opinion, an MBA, if you can swing it, is invaluable.

Well. I still firmly believe in the value of the MBA. I have a fixed income trading job offer and a management consulting offer - both above 200k. I would never approach anything near that to start without a top MBA degree. It's not for everyone but it certainly is for me.

Sounds good. Now for Almerick, I wonder how his first year is going? The first 16-24 months is the most difficult. Make it past that and you can write your own ticket.

Kudos to you guys getting out of Aviation. But after reading this baord, it made me realize why I got back INTO aviation: I only put up with one a$$hole a day in the cockpit.

Cheers:D

double post

Last edited:
touché BeefCake...touché

My experience thus far in flying has been quite nice compared to the business world.

Wow it is has been a while since I last updated! Really do not even know where to start...well shortly after I was licensed and out and about creating clients the market decided to make things interesting to say the least. I still have a job, I work for probably the only firm that managed their own money and stayed out of the news. My balanced approach to investing served my clients well and referrals started shortly after. Been in the business 2 years now and my lifestyle has done a complete 180 from the flying life. Went from a one bedroom apartment college living to a real life. I work about 7 hours a day 5 days a week, ride my harley on the weekends (closest thing to flying) and have a serious addiction to german cars. I am home every night, still get to travel the world and have absolutely made a difference in every single one of my clients lives.

I really dont intend on this as being boastful in nature my head is still spinning this business has taken off so fast. It has been so long I hope everyone here hasnt been gotten too derailed by this economy.

I wonder if pimpjuice still has that awesome wall street job that was promissing him 400k a year or something like that....sorry had to, just reread all the old posts

Latest resources

Back