Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
Just put in my 2 weeks notice...excited and scared all at the same time. Cant believe Im really doing it, starting a new career.

Hope it goes great! Remember the first year's probably the toughest but it'll smooth out.

Having not flown an airplane for just over a year now, I agree- I now know what a crack addict goes through while in withdrawl.

It gets easier and easier as time goes by, and pretty soon, you'll be back to your normal self.

Whether you made the right decision is only for you to decide, however, I'll tell you this much... there are many more MILLIONS of people out there who are leading very fulfilling and rewarding lives, either spiritually, financially or emotionally, who've NEVER sat in a cockpit.

You're in good company.

Just remember why you got out in the first place- that's usually enough to counter all the "gosh, it was so much FUN!" feeling that'll go through your mind...

Yea, I plan on buying some land, building an RV-8 and flying it out of my backyard eventually. I may be done with professional aviation but not done with aviation in whole. Thanks for the support, this was hands down the hardest decision ive ever made in my life and I hope it all works out in the end.

on a side note, ive had an engine failure and an alleged airspace violation in the past week....I think the big man upstairs is trying to hint at something, sometimes 2 weeks is too long.

I got into flying via necessity for my business, regional travel, time etc.

I logged a few thousand hours in everything from Bonanza's to Conquests that I've owned. I have a unique perspective given that flying wasn't my professional job. I think you made a great choice, now go out there and make enough money to buy that house with a strip on it. You'll do it far faster than the aviation road.

Almerick, Good luck in your job change.

At least now flying will always be done for fun. When the thunderstorms are booming, snow drifting, wind howling, or rain is comming down in buckets - you can just say " I think I'll stay warm and dry. And, What would - I - like to do today?"

I only miss full time flying on "Nice Days".

Good Luck

JAFI

thanks, thats really what prompted this change...I dont like working and I love flying. I thought it would be a perfect combo to make working more barable but turns out the working part was really sub par and started to make me dread going to work AND flying. I think Im going to be much happier and if anyone needs a financial advisor feel free to hit me up ;)

Latest resources

Back