Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FearlessFreep said:
dsee8driver,

Yes, I have stayed at the fabulous Family Suites In beautiful Laredo, TX. Probably one of the worst places that I have stayed though there was one in Dayton, OH that was right up there on the raunchy scale. The Family Suites is a strange place. It was really different how they built that place in what looks like an overgrown carport.

Luckily did not have to stay there more than 2 times. We complained to the company and for all subsequent stays they moved us to a hotel down the road.

Used to be a bowling ally from what I heard!

The ex-Doubletree/Clarion in EUG Oregon. What a hole.

But I did hear that JBCRJCA won some sort of contest at the Trans-gender ball that they had there last week. Care to elaborate on that JB?

You haven't lived until you've stayed in an African hotel in Eritrea. You just can't even begin to imagine how bad it is there. We were the only ones in town who weren't in a place with mud walls, but it wasn't far removed. Some of the places in the philippines are rather interesting too. Anyone remember the Masirah Wadi? Folks are whining about dead cockroaches in their room. HA! Try live camel spiders! Americans really have a poor perspective for true quality and cleanliness. I've never seen anything in this country that can even begin to come close to the filth that's out there in a lot of these $hitholes. Spend a career in Navy P-3's staying in dumps throughout the world and you'll never complain about ANY hotel in this country.

As for avitars, Stillaboo is still the king of the mountain.

When you guys were talking about the black light, it reminded me of a news story back in MSP. I was watching TV one night and KARE 11 (NBC affiliate) ran a teaser for the news coming up that night. One of their "undercover" stories that they were doing that night was titled "Spermy Sheets". I fell on the floor laughing my ass off, then I watched it as they ran a blacklight over these sheets in different rooms. I almost puked...Funnier then hell though.

The closest I ever came to barfing in a hotel room (without actually being sick) was at the Sleep Inn in Columbia, S.C. Went to wipe my mouth with the face towel over the sink...and there was makeup and a pube on it. :eek:

I don't stay there anymore.

a few things that drive me crazy. One is a shower, where the showerhead is positioned at the height of my chest. ( 6 foot 4 but still..)

OR you start ironing your shirt and somebody has gotten something sticky on it and all of a sudden it's over your shirt and you'll have to chunk it.

BTW. can I have my Nokia-charger back????

what is with the hot-tub?

Any ASA E-120 guys can agree, the Kings Row Inn in Texarkanna. The truckers starting up their semi's any time of night and let's not forget the drive thru loudspeaker from the Taco Tico right next door. Oh and the 70's decor with shag carpeting, SWEET.

Hands down - the Ho Jo in SWF (stewart, NY) aka the "hooker hotel" complete with hookers hanging out on the first floor for the Cisco truck drivers. The manager was in cohoots with the strip bar owner down the street and his girls did "after hours work".

One day when the manager was driving us over to the airport he inquired if our FA might be interested in "working" for him. He explained that a Midway (the pre 911 midway) FA who stays there has been "doing just fine" and was gaining "repeat clients" on her overnights.

We changed hotels shortly after.

The worst I ever stayed at was one called the "A-1 Motel", a place that a certain Major I know from the Des Moines ANG recommended to me (as a joke I soon found out) while I was at the unit for a drill weekend.

The parking lot was gravel with pot holes and grass growing out of it. Their were plastic deer cemented down in the front un-mowed lawn. As you drove to the back of the motel there was a camero up on blocks along with a camper shell with moss growing on it. I stayed one night only because payday was not for another week and it was close to midnight when I got in. Wow what a hole in the earth. I slept on the floor in a sleeping bag I had, thank God! The room was what you would expect out of any -5 start hotel: grime in the bathroom, a stained toilet, chipping paint on the walls (lead im sure), gutted TV with aluminum foil for an antenna, a/c that blew out foul smells. Needless to say I got my revenge.

Check this story out:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/07152003_bb_hotelbody.html

I've been around the world, and by far the dirtiest hotels have been right in the good ol' USA.

There's a big difference between a third-world-country wood floor that has at least been swept, and a US hotel with bodily-fluid-stained carpets and beadspreads.

Of course, there is Nigeria...I'd rather keep the APU running and sleep in the upper deck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back