Filthy Hotel Rooms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paulgray

I was just wondering if any of you professional pilots out there have encountered any filthy hotel rooms while out on trips, and what you did about it. As someone hoping to be a professional pilot myself, I really don't know what I think about hotel rooms these days. I mean, some hotels are cutting corners now. Some I've heard don't wash bed sheets, have rooms infested with bugs and bacteria that would make your face turn green if you saw them, and some rooms might even have traces of a certain male secretion. :eek:

I imagine this probably isn't typical of every hotel, but, how do you typically deal with stuff like this?

Uhhhhh....

get another room? And beiatch to your hotel coordinator about the hotel in you next breath. We don't put up with that crap.

What ever you do, don't use the comforter on the bed. These never get washed or changed. I don't even want to know what is crawling aound these.

Typically we stay at 5 star hotels when available so this is a very rare occurance. If we try a new hotel and it is bad, we leave and find another one. Then we let dispatch know to never schedule another crew at that hotel...

I think the worst hotel room I ever stayed in is at the Best Western in Brownwood, Tx. First of all, the desk clerk looks like he is stoned off his @ss most of the time we get there. The continental breakfast is the greasiest, nastiest donuts you have ever tasted... oh.. and toast.. but *both* of the toasters have one side burned out, so you have to toast each side individually.. The iron in the room was, of course, missing, but the whole darn iron holder had been torn out of the wall.. someone really wanted that iron.. :eek:
The A/C had dead cockroaches in it, and there was some kind of insect or whatever poison in every corner. The bathroom door looked like it hadn't been washed.. well.. ever.. it had nasty handprints all over it.. need I go on?

Typically we stay at 5 star hotels when available so this is a very rare occurance. If we try a new hotel and it is bad, we leave and find another one. Then we let dispatch know to never schedule another crew at that hotel...
Falcon Capt, thanks for the laugh :p , I guess that's why it's called "paying dues"

To our company's credit, we had been staying in a place a lot worse, apparently.. but since all the hotels in the town are owned by the same guy..

fr0g said:
Falcon Capt, thanks for the laugh :p , I guess that's why it's called "paying dues"

Hehehehe... Well he asked... Fortunately, when we are international, we almost always stay at the same hotel as the executives and I don't think they are checked out on fishing cockroaches out of A/C units (fortunately!).

When we are domestic we stay at Marriott's 95+% of the time, and those are pretty consistent.

You guys get hotel rooms? Try sleeping on the FBO couch and eating popcorn for dinner.

paulgray said:
Some I've heard don't wash bed sheets, have rooms infested with bugs and bacteria that would make your face turn green if you saw them, and some rooms might even have traces of a certain male secretion. :eek:

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take a black light into a hotel room you plan to sleep in... You will NOT like what you find...

I have a buddy that did this once... Yes, ONCE...

You mean some crews carry black lights on trips with them? Cool! I wouldn't even know where to buy one of those, let alone find room in my bag for it. LOL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back