• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Filthy Hotel Rooms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Manchester, NH - Wayfarer Inn - Where did purchasing find this thing? It has the latest in 1970's era furniture. The all wood construction and no insulation makes for a rustic although rather noisy evening's sleep.

You must have stayed in the 60's/70's wing. They have one wing where the decor is pure early 80's. Actually if you stay in the wing that was re-built after the fire, it is supposed to be pretty nice. The fire was in 1999 or early 2000. Of course I have to wonder why it is no longer a Best Western. Back when my wife worked across the street, about the same time as the fire, it was the "Best Western Wayfarer Inn".

Hotels

I have a few to add to the list:

Holiday Inn at JFK (might be another hotel now) - Sits at the end of the heavy runway. Approach lights on top of the hotel. Every few minutes a 747 would fly over where you could see the whites of the pilots eyes if you looked out your window. At the time we had a crew accomodations director who had a contract with every HI with his butt buddies. So, one night, a crew member had obtained his phone number, and at 3 am called him just as a 747 was landing and said "see what we have to listen to every night!!!"

Omni Park Central (downtown Manhattan) - OK, this is the fire alarm hotel capitol of the world. Nevermind that the hotel was about 35 floors. Every night the fire alarm would go off. After a while, you would just lay in your bed. However, they did not stop there. Apparently they had a speaker system installed in every room. So, as you were laying there, rather die than get up to go down for another false alarm, trekking down 27 flights of stairs, you would hear a booming voice in your room: (in a bad foreign accent)

"Do not be alarmed. The fire department has been called".

Boardwalk - LAS (now a Holiday Inn) We stayed in this hotel till it was "upgraded" to a HI!! This was the worst! Talk about getting critters. There were fleas, lice and crabs in the sheets. It was very nasty. The only saving grace was the $1 beers at Happy Hour in what we called the "Oval Office". Always at least 50 crew members there and a great party.

All I can say is if you have one on your door: USE THE DEADBOLT! I was in my drawers watching some game on TV and all of a sudden this lady walks in to my room! They had double assigned that particular room! No, she wasn't attractive.

learflyer said:
I was in my drawers watching some game on TV and all of a sudden this lady walks in to my room! They had double assigned that particular room! No, she wasn't attractive.

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the real question! Just how did you deal with this "Penthouse Forum" situation?

Ok...forgot the name of the MOTEL (some extended stay type place)...but its the only place they had rooms anywhere that night in SAT. We get to the hotel and its horrible as expected.. get up, get dressed...open the door to go outside and two guys from the morgue are rolling a guy in a body bag out....they said it was a suicide and it wasn't the first one that month. That was one of the worst feelings ever. We never stayed there again

learflyer said:
All I can say is if you have one on your door: USE THE DEADBOLT! I was in my drawers watching some game on TV and all of a sudden this lady walks in to my room! They had double assigned that particular room! No, she wasn't attractive.

At least you were awake and it was only one female. For me it was like 2am or something I was sleeping and someone opens my door, lucky for me the chain was on so they didnt get all the way in but still scared the sh!t outta me for a sec. Anyways it was like 1/2 of a AA minor league baseball (Expos farm club I think) team tryin to start an after party since it was past last call at the local bars. The hotel was nice enough to mess up and give me a room in the baseball team wing. One good thing is I got tickets to the next day game, but it got rained out oh well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back