Fighter Disputes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig, you are spot on.

True, this is a discussion forum, but these topics are not up for discussion.

Sundown is probably just an interested bystander, but how would you be sure?

Has anyone seen the Dozer .ppt? It represents all the more reason to stay away from these discussions.

Kuma

Kuma I assure you that I am not a flight info lurking foreign spy (but as it is impossible for you to know that and for me to know that anybody on here does what they say they do...so I get your point ). To be perfectly honest I am really not that interested in what what type of fighters the A/F flies. I just think sig needs to not be such a d!ck.

Kuma,

I agree wholeheartedly with your point, that US Air Force tactics, and capabilities should not be part of discussion. As I have said multiple times, I just found it odd, that what I felt amounted to a flat tire, is cause for completely giving up on the F-15, an airplane that has been upgraded just recently.

I think that Newman pointed it out very well, that there just isn't money in the budget and that the Air Force is forced to work within that budget. That seems to be a very reasonable answer.

Kuma I assure you that I am not a flight info lurking foreign spy (but as it is impossible for you to know that and for me to know that anybody on here does what they say they do...so I get your point ). To be perfectly honest I am really not that interested in what what type of fighters the A/F flies. I just think sig needs to not be such a d!ck.

It's not about being a dick. The simple fact is that, for reasons that can't be discussed here, we need something beyond the F-15 and every other current gen US fighter. If that insults your intelligence, I'm sorry. It's not for public discussion and is classified beyond Secret.

Dizel, yes there is a Mig-21 upgrade out there that, as stupid as it sounds... is scary. Really, a 40 year old Cat 3 fighter being a threat?!?! Yes, it's true. A Google search will probably reveal a lot for you. Aviation Week will probably tell you a lot too.

You should be concerned, because as cliche as it may sound... what we field today to compete with current Russian and Chinese threats is going to have a direct impact US security for your children.

Last edited:
Sig ,

Appreciate the response:)

Yes, the MIG upgrade from the Russians and the Israelis certainly seems to breathe new life in the type.

One must think that, AESA Helmet mounted sights and Aim 9X capability will be in high demand with other F-15 operators.

Last edited:
You should be concerned, because as cliche as it may sound... what we field today to compete with current Russian and Chinese threats is going to have a direct impact US security for your children.

I didn't say I wasn't concerned for my childrens safety, just not that interested. Outside of looking kinda cool, I don't know anything about that stuff. I will leave that to those of you in the know.

If the F-22 offered for export, I think you might see a few NATO allies considering it as well.

Latest resources

Back