• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FFDO firearms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two pilot guys who have passed background checks, sitting together in a locked room. The 50 people sitting in the room next door all went through a metal detector or more likely an x-ray scan of their bodies/grope down physical search.

Those pilots seem like the least likely people in all of America to need a handgun during the course of their jobs. The FFDO program (as it is), like most other 9/11 reactions, is completely idiotic.
because nothing like guns, knives or box cutters make it through TSA screening anymore....Not to mention CD's/DVD's, polymer knives, titanium bars or knives, blah, blah, blah.....you sir are a complete idiot.

probably not & maybe.

Personally, I don't think you'll see a hijack like a 9/11 style because everyone now knows that they will use an airplane as a WMD. Anyone trying to fight their way to the cockpit, should, and will meet resistance by all able-body passengers (let alone flight attendants). So, I don't see that as much a threat. The real threat is in bombs. Whether smuggled onboard or in bags (esp cargo in belly), I think that is the highest threat we face. The underwear bomber type scenario, and the printer ink bomb scenario. Of course, even higher than those threats is the threat presented by technology and laptops: lithium batteries. I think that is most worrisome. UPS in PHL, and potentially UPS in Dubai.

Do you really think someone is going to hijack a RJ? Or are you just packin' for those BHM and MEM overnights?

On Sept. 10, 2001 I didn't think it was going to happen on a 757 or 767 either. Were you ever a boyscout?...... it sounds like you're against "being prepared"

And as far as BHM and MEM overnights, I'd be willing to wager you are safer in many parts of Baghdad than you are in MEM after the sun sets.

Last edited:
because nothing like guns, knives or box cutters make it through TSA screening anymore....Not to mention CD's/DVD's, polymer knives, titanium bars or knives, blah, blah, blah.....you sir are a complete idiot.

You're in a LOCKED ROOM and are prohibited from opening the door. An entire RJ full of bloodthirsty savages with razor blades and boxcutters isn't a threat to you.

Most of the FFDOs I know are the guys who already own arsenals at home (in one case including an operable Howitzer, no joke) and just needed an excuse to pick up another barrel. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Latest resources

Back