• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEX writtens & FedEx & UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used this when updating My FE written this year. Worked like a charm and pretty much fool proof. Do it at home or during a trip if you have a laptop.

Hint: Memorize the math questions, i.e. if you see Fig 8 and SEA the answer is BOS, or something to that effect.

I used All ATP's when initially getting my FE and Sheppard Air was much less painless.

Well, that answers that. The FARs seem to say you don't have to be continuously employed (in the usual cryptic manner)...just that at the time you go to take the FE oral/practical that you are employed at a part 121 carrier in order for an expired written test to be valid. Mine's from 2000. Got back to a 121 job in 2003. So I guess I need to study. Rats.

HoursHore said:
Sheppard Air has links to testing Centers that give the test.

If someone does need prep, Highly recommend Sheppard Air. One day of looking at recommended questions from their bank, and the test was cake.

www.sheppardair.com

Just took mine today. I used the Sheppard Air software and it was exactly as promised. It had about half the questions of the red book and they guarantee that all questions on the test will be covered on the software.

1800 RVR said:
From my personal experience, seeing how competitive things are out there, I would keep a current (i.e. within 2 years) FEX written. When I got the call to interview at UPS, they asked if my written was current. I told them that I was scheduled to take it again (which I was). They were cool with that, and I got the job. It's just my .02, but it would probably make me feel more comfortable knowing that I'm not leaving any stone unturned. :)

Who did you fly the -9 and 738 for before getting on at brown? Were CA on the -9 or -73 when hired? Just curious.

Latest resources

Back