FEX writtens & FedEx & UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Arkady

Does anybody know if the Big Purple Machine &/or Brown requires your FEX written to be fresh (ie- within the last 2 years) or do they take into account that you have been flying part 121 as I believe the FAA does? Also, if the latter is the case -do furloughs (even relatively short ones...say of about 4 months) restart the clock all over again - requiring you to retake it?

I think I used to know this but those brain cells have long ago been killed off by some bartender in some sleazy bar...poor bastards never knew what hit 'em.

Best regards,

Arkady said:
Does anybody know if the Big Purple Machine &/or Brown requires your FEX written to be fresh (ie- within the last 2 years) or do they take into account that you have been flying part 121 as I believe the FAA does? Also, if the latter is the case -do furloughs (even relatively short ones...say of about 4 months) restart the clock all over again - requiring you to retake it?
UPS will accept FEX results greater than 2 years old as long as you’ve been continuously employed by a 121 carrier. Mine were expired when I interviewed in ’01 and I still had the same written when I reinterviewed in ’04.

I don’t know for certain, but I don’t think the FAA would extend your expired if you’re furloughed.

CE

At Fedex, you have to have the FE written in the last 2 years, regardless of employment. Some guys end up taking it more than once! No exceptions. Keep it current, makes it easier.

From my personal experience, seeing how competitive things are out there, I would keep a current (i.e. within 2 years) FEX written. When I got the call to interview at UPS, they asked if my written was current. I told them that I was scheduled to take it again (which I was). They were cool with that, and I got the job. It's just my .02, but it would probably make me feel more comfortable knowing that I'm not leaving any stone unturned. :)

Anyone know of a good place in the Pittsburgh area to take the FEX. I live around Irwin, PA.

You should be able to hit up a Sylvan learning center, they can usually do computer testing like that. If that doesn't work there's bound to be a flight school or FBO with a testing center close by.

Sheppard Air has links to testing Centers that give the test.

If someone does need prep, Highly recommend Sheppard Air. One day of looking at recommended questions from their bank, and the test was cake.

www.sheppardair.com

HoursHore said:
Sheppard Air has links to testing Centers that give the test.

If someone does need prep, Highly recommend Sheppard Air. One day of looking at recommended questions from their bank, and the test was cake.

www.sheppardair.com

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Have you used the online prep before. I used All ATP's prep a few years back for my ATP written. It required travel and spending a whole day at the center.
I would much rather prepair from my home though.

Latest resources

Back