FEX Written and UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

contrail67

My FEX written expired but I still work for a 121 Airline. My application is in at UPS . Will I possibly get a call for a interview with an expired (on paper) FEX written? I can go take it after a call before the interview but would like for it to not expire again.

My FEX written expired but I still work for a 121 Airline. My application is in at UPS . Will I possibly get a call for a interview with an expired (on paper) FEX written? I can go take it after a call before the interview but would like for it to not expire again.

I am not sure if they will accept it. If you really want to work at UPS...just go take it again and then you don't have to worry about it. I took it 3 times.

Dido

I had an expired FE Written (kept current by operating 121) when I interviewed in Mar 05. Am planning on taking it again very soon.

Chris

I just got called for an interview on November 30th, the very day that my FE written expired. Buz Thompson, the UPS recruiter, asked me to take it again before I head to Louisville. I'm taking it again this weekend. Hope this helps.

I just got called for an interview on November 30th, the very day that my FE written expired. Buz Thompson, the UPS recruiter, asked me to take it again before I head to Louisville. I'm taking it again this weekend. Hope this helps.

Good Luck. Fish

Thank you everyone.

I put in the date of the test and it just says application is complete. When I update the numbers, it has a red star next to the FEX written. When I reenter the date it goes away. Not sure if the star is kicking my application out....that is the main question. I will retake it if I need to....no doubt.

For the folks who got the interview with the expired FEX written, did you get hired, and if not was it because of the written. Like I said, I will retake it again before any interview. Just was trying to eliminate having to take it and two years later going through it again.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone.

I put in the date of the test and it just says application is complete. When I update the numbers, it has a red star next to the FEX written. When I reenter the date it goes away. Not sure if the star is kicking my application out....that is the main question. I will retake it if I need to....no doubt.

For the folks who got the interview with the expired FEX written, did you get hired, and if not was it because of the written. Like I said, I will retake it again before any interview. Just was trying to eliminate having to take it and two years later going through it again.

It's actually simple....take it....Capt Megadeth is correct...take it and then you don't have to worry or kick yourself in the a$$ wondering if that's the reason you didn't get the phone interview or didn't get hired.

At FEDEX, the applications in the system are way too competitive to look at an applicant that doesn't have all the required squares filled.

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but that is the reality of today's hiring at FEDEX.

Good luck.

Your FE written WILL NOT expire if you are CONTINUOUSLY EMPLOYED with a 121 carrier.

Latest resources

Back