• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Few Skyhawks Crossing The Pond Today And Tomarrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
clicked the link.. says altitute up to 33,000?
This is what I came up with:

Aircraft Cessna Skyhawk (single-piston) (C172/Y)Origin St Johns Int'l (CYYT)Destination Santa Maria (LPAZ) Other flights between these airportsRoute YYT RONPO 4500N 04500W 4300N 04000W
4000N 03500W KOKER FRSDate Thursday, Mar 22, 2007Duration 4 hours 15 minutesStatusArrived over 3 hours ago (track log) Proposed/AssignedActual/EstimatedDeparture12:00 GMT12:35 GMTArrival12:00 GMT16:50 GMTSpeed120 ktsAltitude9000 feet

A broker friend of mine hired a guy yrs ago to fly a Piper Tomohawk to Germany. Now that is one trip I would not want to make at all!

Those things are kinda crappy. I remember taking my first airplane ride in a Tomahawk 10 years ago, logged .5 as an intro flight and began training in a warrior a year later. Admittedly, after T/O in the Tomahawk that's where and when the bug bit me.

I rented T-hawk at HWO in the mid 80's for the cost of the fuel burned. The owner of the FBO let some of the regular customers fly the thing just to keep it exercised. If I remember right it was less than $10/hr.
Logged some ercoupe time at $5/hr when a C172 rented for $65/hr. The ercoupe was faster and a better flying airplane than the T-hawk.

What is your route through Africa? If you are planning a stop in Bamako Mali, I can give you details of that stop.

Who Me? No Never Ever!!!! What would make you think that?
I guess this is the post I was thinking about. I think I had the right poster...

OK, Well with 1 Flight in October and not even 1 ferry flight December it's been a total killer. I barely made my house payment this month so far no flights and 1 refund on a trip to India . Some low life CFI did it for expenses only. I Have enough equity if I sold my house cheap for quick sale (listed today) $220K to find some little sh!t hole some place in the Midwest that I can cash out and maybe get my instructor certificate and buy 3 or 4 more 150's in addition to the one I own or a reasonable multi and complete my single pilot 135 paperwork.

I already had my days of eating out of trash cans and sleeping on the streets not fun and I don't want my son to even have a small taste of that life! The last 11 years was a great run then the electronics industory took a shift, I got old, Industry went to off shore countries and well you know Sh!t happens! it's life? Murphy lives with me

Thanks for all for the great help, encouragement, job referrals, and advice everyone has given best $10.00 I have ever spent. I gave it an honest go and all in all it was a simi success but in reality will not be able to sustain my family for another year let alone the next 2 months. I figure if I get maybe 1 or 2 flights this month I will last another month if not Phones, Internet, & Electric are gone then I am gone!!!!

But if it's to be it up to me!! Right? At least I gave it all I got. I made it 1.5 years in an aviation business time really dose fly!

This may be the end if it is it was worth every waking moment in experience and learning a new industory! Hell I been places I dreamed of going and done things that few would dare!

It's Not Over Yet! I will recover!

SLR!

Last edited:
My ol man ferried Cessna's back in the day from the factory to the americas (south of the border), anything from a 150 (one time) up to 402s. But the worst was an Agwagon he had to drag down there, yikes.

Latest resources

Back