Fellow Pilot needs Recommendation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VaB said:
Yeah. Why are all these rumors I'm hearing not flying around here, on flightinfo, of all places. If even half of the crazy shiite i've heard lately is true, we've* got a problem. (*We refers to all of us red, white and blue types.)

I've heard the story from 4 seperate sources, but I've heard 4 different versions. So. Some basis in truth? Mostly BS? Bets on whether we'll ever hear the real truth?

why dont you post them so they will be here.... and the rest of us can find out wtf is going on.

:)

Falconjet said:
Dash:

Not a good idea.

FJ

Why not?!?

He!!, there was a copy of the release floating around AOC the day it happened.

Of course we wouldn't want to disseminate any correct information or be critical of the current security regime. :rolleyes:

What a joke! This place makes the TSA look like MI-5.

Purple: If there are cracks in our security system (and I'm sure there are), I don't think that publicizing them on a public internet forum will do much to help the situation. If docs are floating around the AOC at least they are internal, we should try to keep those things internal. I didn't see any docs, so as far as I know there are only rumors flying around (and a LOT of freight and mail!).

A little opsec would be prudent is all I'm saying.

FJ

Falconjet said:
CA1900: Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Who is the we?
It would have been a turd in his pocket, mice aren't that dumb.

VaB said:
I've heard the story from 4 seperate sources, but I've heard 4 different versions. So. Some basis in truth? Mostly BS? Bets on whether we'll ever hear the real truth?
I haven't heard a single rumor that makes sense. Yeah, I've herad about the 3/4/5/ guys going from point A to points B and C and back to "probe" the system, blah, blah, blah. Tell me, if that was the problem, why didn't we shut down personal jumpseats completely? We did not. All we did is stop taking reservations for personal jumpseats. For two weeks, we continued to take personal jumpseats that had already booked. That doesn't fit with the rumors.

I seriously doubt we'll ever be told.

TonyC said:
I haven't heard a single rumor that makes sense. Yeah, I've herad about the 3/4/5/ guys going from point A to points B and C and back to "probe" the system, blah, blah, blah. Tell me, if that was the problem, why didn't we shut down personal jumpseats completely? We did not. All we did is stop taking reservations for personal jumpseats. For two weeks, we continued to take personal jumpseats that had already booked. That doesn't fit with the rumors.

I seriously doubt we'll ever be told.

I was jumpseating on the flight everyone is refering to (at least I think so since I get calls from friends all the time concerning it). Like Tony said that event happened two or three weeks before they stopped personal jumpseats. Plus, I have never received a phone call or e-mail from anyone official at FedEx nor any security personnel. Doubt that it was the reason we have stopped personal jumpseats.

Latest resources

Back