fellow COEX'ers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Publishers said:
The rhetoric expressed here is about 180 degrees out as we used to say.

Your problem and the approach you are considering at this time will result in terrible damage to the company and it's future.

It will also result in a tremendous opportunity for someone else. Continental will not be held hostage for long.

The individual who pointed to UAL and Comair as examples of how effective slowdowns and strikes are is not looking too close at what happened then. UAL lost all their business traffic which cost most of the employees their stock ownership in the long run and Comair lost flying to the other companies even though they were wholly owned.

This is one reason that they spun off Coex.

Publishers:

As usual you fail to consider the big picture with regards to labor. While what you are saying is inherently correct, you fail to consider the human side of the equation. Take a F/O at Continental Express that is now in say year five. A college graduate most likely that also is a professional pilot. After five years, and still making less than $30,000 a year (don't include per diem in the total please) while living somewhere near Newark becomes quite discouraging. Enough for some, perhaps, to say it is time to do something else if significant improvements can't be gained. If it doesn't work and flying is then given to the lowest bidder, so be it. It would just confirm to them that it was time for a change and to do something else in life. While they do not all feel this way, enough do that you are going to here those opinions expressed. To lecture against it ---- well, take a walk in their shoes. Having been at the regional level myself, I know all to well what they are dealing with. Fortunately, during my time in the regional world, advancement and pilot career prospects were substantially better. The way things are now, I can completely understand why guys are questioning why they should continue on in this line of work on pay that you can't raise a family on. What do they have to lose?

Good luck to all the CoEx pilots.

paid4training said:
What exactly is holding things up? Not "raise the bar" crap...but what does the union want that the company is not willing to give. Is it something outrageous like back pay or back profit sharing you agreed was not important in the last contract? I mean what are the numbers you feel are fair? What about quality of life etc?
A few things..."raise the bar" is not crap and is a no-vote item. These no-vote items aren't what the union wants, it's what the pilot group wants. The union is speaking on our behalf.

Outrageous back pay or profit sharing? No back pay is a no-vote so draw your own conclusion how important that is. Profit sharing? I take it by your comment that we don't have the right to complain about profit sharing since we "agreed it was not important in the last contract." I can see that you don't know much about this issue so cram your little comments.

Profit sharing was ditched on the last contract for hard pay rather than using it to suppliment a lower hourly rate. The company is attempting to do the same this time. We never asked for nor supported the thought of re-entering the profit sharing plan on this contract for the same reasons. The company wants to offer lower hourly rates to be offset by profit sharing.

Nova said:
." I can see that you don't know much about this issue so cram your little comments.

Profit sharing was ditched on the last contract for hard pay rather than using it to suppliment a lower hourly rate. The company is attempting to do the same this time. We never asked for nor supported the thought of re-entering the profit sharing plan on this contract for the same reasons. The company wants to offer lower hourly rates to be offset by profit sharing.
So what your are saying is you have no defense on the "back pay or Profit sharing"? Come on big Know it all union guy...'esplan to all of us "Unknowledgeable" little people here...why you should get what you are asking for. Is the Federal metiator in agreement with your demands...has he approved a legal strike? Come on "Iceman" I have have seen your kind before!!!How's the volleyball coming?

Last edited:
paid4training said:
So what your are saying is you have no defense on the "back pay or Profit sharing"?
Defense of what? The profit sharing item on the table is not from the union, it was offered by the company as a part of their compensation package. Retro-pay hasn't been mentioned specifically yet. Again, what would I or any other ExpressJet pilot have to defend? One item is a company proposal and the other hasn't been addressed.

paid4training said:
Is the Federal metiator in agreement with your demands...has he approved a legal strike?
Let's see, the NMB is appointed by the current administration (ie Republican). We're approaching the November elections, our largest hub is at an airport named in honor of the current presidents father, it's also in his home state which carries a nice amount of electorial votes, another hub is found in Ohio which is a crucial swing state and 3rd hub is right in the heart of the NYC airspace network. How do you think the NMB will approach a possible release to a cooling off period now?

Also the NMB never has to find agreement with either sides offers at this stage, they are just mediators for the proceedings.

paid4training said:
Come on "Iceman" I have have seen your kind before!!!How's the volleyball coming?
Iceman? Volleyball? That must be referenced from one of your kiddie movies or shows. Back to the playground.

Ponchus pilot said:
Meanwhile,
Logo lights on during the day.
logo lights off at night.
Full power takeoffs.
Write up everything.
Push early, and get overs.
do not accept direct, fly planned route.
APU ON
burn extra fuel.
save up for the strike fund.
Unity Pays and my negotiating Committee speaks for me.
And vote for Bush?

Nova said:
Iceman? Volleyball? That must be referenced from one of your kiddie movies or shows. Back to the playground.
Come on man you know what I'm talkin' about!!! You know, where guys like you (from your written words and attitude behind them) are so full of themselves. Knows it all that they get defensive when someone asks a question they can't answer!!! Or make sense of their arguments without being an a$$ about it. Your opinion is very legit and you seem to be passionate but lighten up man...take the stick outta your bung whole!!! Not everyone is going to say your full of $hit so don't be so defensive!!!

About the kiddie movie, I think you know which one I am referring to big man!!!
If you don't know, Your younger than most. Come on I know you have the movie and at least the soundtrack?

hey coexers,

you talk a good game but how is your SPC chairman doing?

Rumors out that you had Info Picketing and your Chairman was on a trip, actually a trip that your chairman would not drop.

Last edited:
CEO silly sap said:
hey coexers,

you talk a good game but how is your SPC chairman doing?

Rumors out that you had Info Picketing and your Chairman was on a trip, actually a trip that your chairman would not drop.
Who told you this information?

Even if he was out on a trip, big deal. God forbid one of guys on full time trip loss actually goes and flies a trip. Last I checked we have local picketing coordinators who handle these events.

Why even stir up the pot like this? What do you get out of it? Are you sure you aren't Jimmy Tripson? You sure spell and write like he does.

Sam

DirkkDiggler said:
You all are a bunch of geniouses.
I find it ironic that you are remarking on the lack of intelligence of the Xjet pilots, yet you can't even spell the word genius.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back