• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

fellow COEX'ers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I overheard (I was in the head...validity not sure but for some reason I get the best new cra p while taking one but anyway) that middle management felt they had a pretty good working relationship with the pilots but it was the "Reamster" and the bean counters...what is the real story?

BluDevAv8r said:
You're right. But sometimes I can't help myself...

-Neal
How bout' helping your pilot group? Do any Red-eye flying latley? Gave that up like a cheap whore?? I don't believe your pilot group got to vote on that? -- OK guys - here is the deal - we will do whatever managment wants us to do during negotiations - Because they are our friends and we should help them out - so we really don't need to vote on this- or get anything in return for doing it. How bout' helping the pilot group out- let them decide what they will or will not do for the company - stop negotiating the old contract and start negotiating the new one--- K.B.

How bout' helping your pilot group? Do any Red-eye flying latley? Gave that up like a cheap whore?? I don't believe your pilot group got to vote on that? -- so we really don't need to vote on this- or get anything in return for doing it.--K.B.

Hmmmm.....

Red-eye flying creates new pilot positions in IAH, both captain and fo. Therebye giving fo's the opportunity to upgrade to captain sooner, getting reserve captains the opportunity to get off reserve faster, and hiring more pilots from off the street therebye moving everyone up the already stagnant seniorty list. It also puts more pilots on the seniority list below you which is additional job protection for you. There was no vote because it was a win win situation for all involved. The decision was made to allow the flying long before negotiations came to a standstill and Jimmy gave his little presentation to the pilots, so there was no reason to deny it or play hardball at the time.

It also generates additional revenue in a time when that is starting to dry up. Therebye giving the company additional funds with which to fund your eventual pay raise.

Last edited:
MJG said:
Hmmmm.....

Red-eye flying creates new pilot positions in IAH, both captain and fo. Therebye giving fo's the opportunity to upgrade to captain sooner, getting reserve captains the opportunity to get off reserve faster, and hiring more pilots from off the street therebye moving everyone up the already stagnant seniorty list. It also puts more pilots on the seniority list below you which is additional job protection for you. There was no vote because it was a win win situation for all involved. The decision was made to allow the flying long before negotiations came to a standstill and Jimmy gave his little presentation to the pilots, so there was no reason to deny it or play hardball at the time.

It also generates additional revenue in a time when that is starting to dry up. Therebye giving the company additional funds with which to fund your eventual pay raise.
I disagree. Red-eye flying regardless of the benefits to the pilot group should have not just been agreed to. It's called leverage. This is something management wanted. We got nothing for it. Not smart in my opinion. Prop MOU. LOA 15. When will the union wake up. We are grossly underpaid and we just keep giving without getting anything in return. Who in the hell wants to do red-eye flying anyway. If you want red-eye flying go fly freight for a living.

One more thing. We are grossly underpaid as it is. Who cares about job security when the guy serving your fries at the airport makes as much money as you do. If you can even afford them. Most guys I fly with have to look forward to the free mystery meat disks and snacks they brought from home. What a joke. Until we are able to exercise our right to strike I am not all that optimistic that our union will be able to put out a respectable TA. 29% sorry. Not even close.

oh,

The battles begin, EA getting recalled, Neg Chair-gone.
Back side of the clock flying- 3 capts, 3 fo's.........oh the inflow of new pilots.....

Blu Dev, I'm sure you are good at what you do, I wish you and the pilot group the best of luck.

EX TWAY

CEO silly sap said:
oh,

The battles begin, EA getting recalled, Neg Chair-gone.
Back side of the clock flying- 3 capts, 3 fo's.........oh the inflow of new pilots.....

Blu Dev, I'm sure you are good at what you do, I wish you and the pilot group the best of luck.

EX TWAY
1. The EA hasn't been recalled nor will he be recalled.

2. The NC Chairman resigned on his own volition. Maybe has something to do with twins entering his world on top of his already sizeable family as well as the fact that he hasn't flown in a few years and misses the line. That full time union stuff probably burns people out.

3. Red-Eye flying is from June to September. 1 flight per night, 1 city. Woopie. People get their panties in a wad over nothing.

Who are you CEO Silly? I'd guess the father of one of our pilots?

Sam

Sam Fisher said:
1. The EA hasn't been recalled nor will he be recalled.

2. The NC Chairman resigned on his own volition. Maybe has something to do with twins entering his world on top of his already sizeable family as well as the fact that he hasn't flown in a few years and misses the line. That full time union stuff probably burns people out.

3. Red-Eye flying is from June to September. 1 flight per night, 1 city. Woopie. People get their panties in a wad over nothing.

Who are you CEO Silly? I'd guess the father of one of our pilots?

Sam

Sam you would be wrong on your guess. I am an old pilot that has been up and down with ALPA and the contracts. I asked a few questions and got various responses.

I think your support is note worthy, please keep being a supporter.

Red eye flying, I expect this 1 flight per night to 1 city, will turn into a more common schedule. Your company did not just think this up out of the blue. There is a plan, make no mistake, there is always a plan.
The question is do YOU know the plan, and if not- what is YOUR plan.

Its obvious my posts are unwelcome and I shall leave this thread to your pilot group. Good Luck and Best wishes

CEO silly sap said:
Sam you would be wrong on your guess. I am an old pilot that has been up and down with ALPA and the contracts. I asked a few questions and got various responses.

I think your support is note worthy, please keep being a supporter.

Red eye flying, I expect this 1 flight per night to 1 city, will turn into a more common schedule. Your company did not just think this up out of the blue. There is a plan, make no mistake, there is always a plan.
The question is do YOU know the plan, and if not- what is YOUR plan.

Its obvious my posts are unwelcome and I shall leave this thread to your pilot group. Good Luck and Best wishes
It isn't that the fact that you are posting is unwelcome but rather in HOW you post and in HOW you say what you say that is vitriolic and not well-received.

The Red-Eye flying is only one city. Approval was only given for one city. They can't do any other cities without ALPA's approval and I highly doubt that they will give any further approval given the state of negotiations.

If you are just an interested pilot, how did you get the info on our chairman, etc?

Sam

MJG said:
Hmmmm.....

Yeah - lets talk about all the Captains this is producing--- and the great movement they will have now - OH - what about the Prop MOU? Yeah didn't get crap for that or even attempt to- How bout something for the effort- Gunga -Gu - Nunga(You will recieve total consciousness on your death bed). You know Red eye - Mou- those are just the topics - its the total lack of communication to the pilot group and the "We are the Union and We know whats best for you attitude" - So they pay you 102 hours trip loss -plus expenses- plus hotel cost - etc.etc.etc. -They have a guy getting 102 hrs pay for setting up strike centers? - When all we here from the union is - the NMB will never allow us to strike????? Everybody I know that works there has a second job - SHUT THE PLACE DOWN- Walk away --- But at least give the people the right to vote on their own future. I could be wrong-maybe the pilot group is willing to go for 9%?? How bout asking the JIM's what their plan is for the future? - bigger buses? Hey if its a good plan - give the pilot group a piece of the company and maybe they will come down to some sort of profit sharing - But give the pilot group some real no sh8t info - and let them vote on the decisions that they will have to live with for the next 4-5 years. It ain't about the Red-eye or the Prop MOU- its about listening to the guys that put you there- Don't be a politician- be a freakin pilot first - and respect the guys and gals that showed faith in putting you there. K.B.

Latest resources

Back