• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

fellow COEX'ers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all are a bunch of geniouses. Sounds like a case of "Highest Pay to the Last Day," syndrome. That always seems to have a happy ending to it! As for United's Phat contract. Have you asked a United pilot recently how Phat he thinks his contract is NOW! Some of you should take a class to learn more about unions or at least talk to one of your representatives because you'll quickly find that what you all propose is not in the spirit of the union. Even a union that is working for a new contract. You sound like ignorant uneducated folk, and it's a shame that people look at our profession and get the impression that we're all like you when in fact you represent a minority. Have a nice day and try not to choke on your bitterness.

DirkkDiggler said:
You all are a bunch of geniouses. Sounds like a case of "Highest Pay to the Last Day," syndrome. That always seems to have a happy ending to it! As for United's Phat contract. Have you asked a United pilot recently how Phat he thinks his contract is NOW! Some of you should take a class to learn more about unions or at least talk to one of your representatives because you'll quickly find that what you all propose is not in the spirit of the union. Even a union that is working for a new contract. You sound like ignorant uneducated folk, and it's a shame that people look at our profession and get the impression that we're all like you when in fact you represent a minority. Have a nice day and try not to choke on your bitterness.

Oh please you who has mastered collective bargaining, explain to us how digging in and not buying managements first offer shows us to be 'ignorant uneducated folk.' Don't want to end-up like those UAL guys, so what can I do to save myself. So the spirit of our union as I understand you should be that:

1) 5 year FO's should continue to live pay check to pay check and put off such lofty goals as settling down with a house and paying down their student loans. Keep flying 90+ hours a month if you're hurting fiancially.

2) Per Diem should continue to be drastically less then Mainline Continental's eventhough Xjet has taken many of the overnights in what have been Mainline cities. Instead of real food in cities like New York, why don't you just go eat a White Castle.

3) Profit sharing should be considered part of your BASE compensation, not considered a nice bonus for helping the company.

4) Captains with a family should continue to rely on their spouse working in order to sustain a decent household income, especially if based in EWR. Oh don't worry just drop the kids at daycare or continue to lean on your relatives to watch them. If you can't afford a house around here, well then just commute. Oh you don't need a commuter clause!

5) Don't worry about not getting paid the overtime for a severly delayed flight. It wasn't that hard for the crew to squeeze every last bit of gas they safely could in order to keep our valuable completion factor. You're overtime helped the company, isn't that rewarding enough.

6) We're not flying routes that Mainline Continental can sustain. We only connect city pairs from our hubs that are too small for mainline service. Yeah places like Toronto or Kansas City. So what makes you think you should be paid proportionatly to what a 737 pilot makes. They fly to BIG revenue markets, while we connect thin routes.

7) The company needs to be competitive. Therefore they need the ability to start-up another airline seperate from us, which we will have no influence over. You don't think the company would do this to us do you?

8) Comair guys are greedy pigs that don't understand how to be cooperative with management. Never mind that Xjet is a bigger airline that contributes more to the bottom line of its major then any other regional. Comair's time will come and we all be happy to still have jobs. Look how happy people are at Mesa!

9) Ignore the 28 Million dollar profit the company made last quarter. Comair type pay is not sustainable.

Where do I sign! This contract was totally worth waiting two years and will be great over the next six years of my life. This contract makes it concievable one day I can hold my head up high because I make as much as a bus driver! I'm just mad my negotiating committee didn't bring this to the pilot group so we can hurry up and vote yes. Thanks Dirk, you're a true American and a credit to our profession!

Last edited:
DirkkDiggler said:

Who are you?

Flown: none
Hours: none

You seem to have lost your way in the forums on the internet. Go away and come back when you can provide some productive comment.

What "regional" pilots are paid today is criminal with the corporate profits soaring and "highest pay to the last day" should be the mantra and IS in the the spirit of a union you idiot. The union does not exist for the benefit of the company - well maybe CAL ALPA does =) but normal unions dont and my hats off to Delta MEC and Comair MEC for not bowing to the pressures of the others.

Yonited is gone anyway (hopefully). Seems the "loan" has hit a political brick wall. Lets liquidate US AIR and United and move on to profitable frontiers and livable wages for all!

Have a nice day.

I am an Army of One (or 2, or 300, ...)
I am an army of One - A Captain in the Continental Airlines army.
For years I was a loyal soldier in Gordon's army. Now I fight my own war.
I used to feel valued and respected. Now I know I am mere fodder.
They (CAL) used to exhibit labor leadership. Now they exploit legal loopholes.
They used to enjoy my maximum. Now they will suffer my minimum.
I am an army of One.

I used to save CAL a thousand pounds of fuel per leg; finding the best FL, getting direct routing, throttling back when on-time was made, skimping during ground ops, adjusting for winds, being smart and giving the company every effort I could conjure. Now, it's "burn baby, burn".
I used to call maintenance while airborne, so the part would be ready at the gate. Now, they'll find the write-up when they look in the book.
I used to try to fix problems in the system, now I sit and watch as the miscues pile up.
I used to fly sick. Now I use my sick days, on short notice, on the worst day of the month.
I am an army of One.

I used to start the APU at the last possible moment. Now my customers enjoy extreme comfort.
I used to let the price of fuel at out-stations affect my fuel orders. I still do.
I used to cover mistakes by operations. Now I watch them unfold.
I used to hustle to ensure an on-time arrival, to make us the best. Now I do it for the rampers and agents who need the bonus money….but this too may change.
I used to call dispatch for rerouting, to head off ground delays for bad weather. Now I collect overs, number 35 in line for takeoff.

I am on a new mission - to demonstrate that misguided leadership of indifference and disrespect has a cost. It's about character, not contracts. It's about leading by taking care of your people instead of leadership by bean counters (an oxymoron). With acts of omission, not commission, I am a one-man wrecking crew - an army of One. My mission used to be to make CAL rich. Now it's to make CAL pay.

When they furlough more pilots than the rest, pilots that cost them 60 cents on the dollar - I will make them pay.
When they under-staff bases and over-work reserves to keep pilots downgraded, down-flowed, or downtrodden - I will make them pay.
When over-booked customers are denied boarding system wide, while jets are parked in the desert - I will make them pay.
When they force pilots, who have waited 12 years to become captains, to be FOs again - I will make them pay.
When they ask CAL pilots to show leadership at Express, and then deny them longevity - I will make them pay.
When they recall F/As for the summer, just to furlough them again in the fall like migrant workers - I will make them pay.
When they constantly violate the letter and spirit of our contract - a contract that's a bargain by any measure, and force us to fight lengthy grievances - I will make them pay.

My negotiating committee speaks for me, but I act on my own. I am a walking nightmare to the bean counters that made me. Are you listening? This mercenary has a lot of years left with this company; how long can you afford to keep me bitter? I'm not looking for clauses in a contract, I'm looking for a culture of commitment and caring. When I see it, I'll be a soldier for CAL again. Until then, I am an Army of One…And I'm not alone!

Dirk -
Bite me.

Everyone who supports us keep bumping this to the top.

Caution to the COEX guys. Do not say much as IP adresses may be called in court.

I think the "Army of One" was even more of an education than reading "Hard Landing". Thank You COEX Pilots!

I think coex (XJT...right?)pilots need to strike...the end...period. I have to admit I WAS very reluctant to support a full strike until management started doing the things they are doing...like make a bungho load of money while paying all of us low and unlivable wages...I can't offically picket with the pilots for fear of loosing my job (I have no union) but with a little money left over I will gladly send to the strike fund!!! For the future of pilots to come (hopefully me someday)RAISE THE F IN BAR!!!! There are a lot of us in the company who back the pilots but unable to publicly support....

It's not a matter of what we want, it's a matter of what the NMB will allow us to do. They have the say whether or not we'll be allowed to strike.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back