• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys. I just completed my online degree so that I would qualify for jobs like FedEx. I was recently informed that FedEx doesn't hire anyone who has received credit from online classes. True?

Hey guys. I just completed my online degree so that I would qualify for jobs like FedEx. I was recently informed that FedEx doesn't hire anyone who has received credit from online classes. True?

The qualifications section under pilot careers has this bullet:

Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university

I don't think an online degree is ruled out simply because it's online. You'll need to check to see if your degree is from a properly accredited school. Here's a place to start checking. There may be other places to check as well.

http://www.50states.com/college-resources/accreditation.htm

Thanks. My school is accredited by Middle States. I was told by a guy who said he didn't get the job because he got his degree online.

During the last Instructor's meeting the fellow that heads up pilot recruitment gave a talk about the "new methods" of pilot hiring.

According to the "Harvard" PHD that runs the program, if you received anything less than a degree from a University that requires "competition" to get into, you will not be considered. He actually scoffed at the notion of online degrees and anyone who attended a state run college.

So there might be some truth to what I heard. I was told that when you select your college during the application, if you select "online" for the location attended, your app won't be considered.

So there might be some truth to what I heard. I was told that when you select your college during the application, if you select "online" for the location attended, your app won't be considered.

Pretty well sums it up. This guy really disdains anything less than Ivy League. He made a couple of snide remarks about state run colleges also.

This guy is a statistician and has some peculiar ideas as to what makes a good pilot.

Pretty well sums it up. This guy really disdains anything less than Ivy League. He made a couple of snide remarks about state run colleges also.

This guy is a statistician and has some peculiar ideas as to what makes a good pilot.
If I went to an Ivy League school, I would NOT be flying an airplane for a living! What a farking tool!

There is not a drop down box for "location" or any option that says "online" under the education tab. Just school name and address, degree etc.

Last edited:
...degree from a University that requires "competition" to get into, you will not be considered. He actually scoffed at the notion of online degrees and anyone who attended a state run college...
Really?? Since when does flying an airplane require an "Ivy League" type education? Are there different pay scales for pilots that attend a "real" college? The military doesn't have an issue with where you attended school. But if the intent is narrow down the application pool, that will certainly do it. If there are 7000 apps I would imagine that requirement would reduce the numbers to a couple hundred, with most of them coming from the military academies.
So much for my hopes of going to FedEx. My 2.4 from a state university isn't going to cut it. But I had a great time! No regrets!
If I went to an Ivy League school, I would NOT be flying an airplane for a living!
Exactly!

I graduated from an online school. I was hired... Not military or a legacy kid.. Don't listen to anyone, just apply and hope for the best... I love it here!

Latest resources

Back