FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are new hires getting assigned?

CGN and HKG last year. There's an Eagle guy on this board who's in the pool now, maybe he'll chime in as to current class allotments. Hiring into 727 panel for this first part of 2012. Ratio appears to be 50/50. Plenty of commuter guys getting on. I know 4 personally from last year; however, all did have good sponsors either in training dept or mgmt pilot positions. Get yourself a good sponsor; that's the key.

After 6 months on the pool, I finally got some news on a classdate from my sponsor, it should be official this week. Basically I may be given a choice....1 is a surprise choice and waiting to hear on the other....until its official in a few days....I'll keep it to myself but will share info as soon as I get it. Things are starting to move again at FDX.

Also, my sponsor informed me that as soon as they start hiring again, those with impeccable apps....small number of PC busts, Mil exp and sponsors will get called first....good luck to all.

Last edited:
After 6 months on the pool, I finally got some news on a classdate from my sponsor, it should be official this week. Basically I may be given a choice....1 is a surprise choice and waiting to hear on the other....until its official in a few days....I'll keep it to myself but will share info as soon as I get it. Things are starting to move again at FDX.

Whats the big suprise. Here are your choices. 727, 757, DC10, MD11 A300/A310 and 777. I don't see why it's a surprise.

jetjam,

Congrats and welcome aboard. The last thing we were told was that New Hires will be going to all seats except MEM 777. Although I don't see LAX MD
11 being available for a while.

In the last 12 months New Hires have gone to MEM 727 F/O and S/O, ANC MD11 F/O, HKG A300 F/O and CGN 757 F/O.

Here's hoping you are the tip of the arrow opening up the widebody seats in MEM.

Keep us updated.

jetjam,

Congrats and welcome aboard. The last thing we were told was that New Hires will be going to all seats except MEM 777. Although I don't see LAX MD
11 being available for a while.

In the last 12 months New Hires have gone to MEM 727 F/O and S/O, ANC MD11 F/O, HKG A300 F/O and CGN 757 F/O.

Here's hoping you are the tip of the arrow opening up the widebody seats in MEM.

Keep us updated.

I sure hope your right......I was at least told I was getting an option...A300 HKG or MEM, equip dont know.....so Im hoping for MEM with the exception of FE...Ill go to HKG instead.....I was also told to expect the call this week for a Feb6 start date.....I am waiting by the phone...there are others behind me also waiting for thier calls......

No matter what .it will be a great 2012....

Latest resources

Back