FedEx Vacancy Posting 04-03

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DaBus

Hmmmmm. That would definitely be in the bus Bob, to borrow a misquote from the old Newlywed show.

The Bus pays more, its trips seem to be a lot better, and there is much more variety.

The guys who go to the right seat of the Boeing are either VERY lazy and just don't want to do a walkaround, live in an outstation city, or can't hold a widebody. There is nothing wrong with any of those 3 reasons. Plus, since the bus is more senior, the 72 FO would have more relative seniority in their seat and thus presumably better schedules and vacation awards. So it is very difficult to generalize which is the preferred seat.

I personally, would prefer to move up to the Bus.

FJ

I have heard the Bus called the "Widebody Slave Ship", but have not really looked at the trips. If you are going to be junior in either seat the answer is simple, fly the bus, newer airplane, and more greenbacks.

Last edited:
Huck said:
The bus will be here until I retire. The 72 may not be. And some of the changes recently (training = discipline) make me leery of attending any more schools than I possibly have to.

Don't forget that legendary quote..."When the last A380 is parked in the dessert by the last A380 crew...they will deadhead home on a 727."

:)

Later

Latest resources

Back