• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
FedEx Vacancy Posting 04-03

Posted, then rescinded, now revised.

Looks like there will be a class of 8 newhires on June 14.

Future Bids / Hiring
--------------------
We currently have authorization for 51 new hires with the first group of 8 starting on June 14. Due to the uncertainty of several major decisions affecting our crew requirements in FY05, we will be reassessing our staffing needs on a quarterly basis as the fiscal year unfolds and open issues firm up. Therefore, we anticipate another bid in the late summer or early fall timeframe.
Code:
Posting 04-03
Official Posting of Crewmembers
Vacancy (V) or Excess (E)
-------------------------------

Approx.
                                                  Training  Present
No. of              Crew Position      Vac.Type/  Start     Seniority
Positions V/E     Dom. Equip.  Seat    Length     Date      High/Low
---------------------------------------------------------------------
18        V       MEM  Airbus  CAP     P/INDEF    Jul-04     13 1964
9         V       MEM  DC10    CAP     P/INDEF    Jul-04      8 2047
9         V       MEM  MD11    CAP     P/INDEF    Jul-04      1 1869
12        V       MEM  B727    CAP     P/INDEF    Jul-04     50 2906
11        V       MEM  MD11    F/O     P/INDEF    Jul-04     15 3659
6         V       MEM  Airbus  F/O     P/INDEF    Jul-04    550 3610
10        V       MEM  B727    F/O     P/INDEF    Jul-04    668 3965
51        V       MEM  B727    S/O     P/INDEF    Jul-04   1110 4258
Not a huge bid, but in addition to the 36 widebody Captain primary vacancies, this is the first time in quite a while they've posted primary vacancies in the 727 Captain seat. Looks good to me.:) :D :)

Thanks Tony C ..... save us some seats! Does this no kidding mean the pool will be empty and the 51 will be "off the street" interviews?

Don't know for certain, but a buddy of mine got called for an interview yesterday!

let the movement begin!

Sounds like good news!

I think Tony is right, the approved slots will allow some new interview folks the chance to come on over. I know one new guy who got called for an interview for the second week of June. I'd say that the movement has finally started.

I may finally be able to get off reserve for July, which would be sweet after nearly 2 years. A window seat in a widebody would be even sweeter, but that will probably take at least a couple more years.

Incidently there was a solicitation for 727 S/O LCAs today as well. Hopefully the hits will keep on coming.

FJ

IF you FEs had a choice--which would you choose---727FO or Airbus FO? I never flew the 727 as an FO, but a lot of my friends did and they loved it. The glass on the Airbus would be nice too. Does one of the planes have better trips than the other? (I know the Airbus includes the A300 and A310)

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Depends is you can hold the bus or not. It pays about $20 bucks an hour more, therefore it is more senior. The trips are probabally better too. The bus has more variety. Europe, Asia if you want to bid Subic, and domestic. I think more of the bus trips are one leg in/one leg out ........ie ..better trips.

The 727 is the slave ship at Fedex. But a lot of guys camp out at Fedex in the 727 because it flys to their home city. Over the last few years the bus has taken alot of 727 cities.

it all depends

Different folks would choose different things.

If you're the kind of guy that loves a swift kick to the jimmy - then you'd take the 727. Most others would choose the bus.

That being said, if the Boeing flies to your hometown, all bets are off.

The bus will be here until I retire. The 72 may not be. And some of the changes recently (training = discipline) make me leery of attending any more schools than I possibly have to.

Latest resources

Back