• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx/UPS v. Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never cleaned an aircraft, but the chicks dug the pilots. Not a lot of hotties in the freight world. Never had a box buy me a drink or offer a backrub or flip her hair while waiting for a latte at the Starbucks in the terminal.

Actually, Fletch--you bring up a good point. My wife trusts me, and I'm not out looking for chicks on the road (I already have 4 women in my house--that's enough!). However, my wife DOES take a bit of comfort in the fact we don't have FAs or pax for the very reasons you mentioned. If I had been single instead of married with 2 kids (now 3) when I made my airline transition, SWA or JB might have had more appeal for the social side of things. As a boring old married guy, however, the fact my wife takes a bit more comfort in me flying boxes is just another plus on the freight side.

Doesn't sitting reserve open you up to the bad trips? Or does it not matter since you fly so little?

psysicx said:
Doesn't sitting reserve open you up to the bad trips? Or does it not matter since you fly so little?

Bad trips....hmmm....thats hard to define. There is so much variety that what is bad to one person is great to another....

My experience is that on reserve I do a lot of out and backs. They are due to equipment changes or broken planes. I also have found that I do mostly short trips....pilots tend to be hesitant to call in sick for long trips because of the hit they take to their sick bank.

I haven't done a week long pairing in over a year....and to me thats good. But to some thats not.

[P]ilots tend to be hesitant to call in sick for long trips because of the hit they take to their sick bank.

Until they turn sixty.

I sat A reserve for one year in the back of the -10. Got short called at LEAST once a month. Usually when it was cold or raining, either in MEM or where we were going....

Latest resources

Back