• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex/UPS/DHL real competiton is who???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have numerous friends at both UPS and FDX and they all tell me they know DHL is trying to get into their market. It's currently a duopoly and if DHL reachs critical mass and economy of scale then it will be an oligopoly. Have you guys already noticed that when you see a DHL delivery van there is a fine print on the side of the van that reads "operated by XYZ..."
It seems all their ground delivery vehicles are contractors and on the air side it's no different. Anyone who's flown to Brussels and East Midlands know that there are numberous ACMI carriers (U.S & European) flying packages for DHL. We all know about Astar Airlines and the controversy behind DeutchePost and DHL. If we pull our heads (mine included) out of the sand we can see that both DHL and FDX are not immuned to economic forces. How things play out in Asia (China) with regards to scope and contracting out flying I wish I had a crystal ball. Just my 2 cents worth

What about that avitar

Do the wings on the fag flag signify that you've smoked a pole in flight or tossed a salad? Taken it up the hershey highway per chance? Or does one need to be an inflight-felcher to earn those? Inquiring minds want to know.

As if someone is going to take this guy seriously. Flaming bater, this one is!

Latest resources

Back