• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Training Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, no inside joke since I have no clue who FedExFlyer is. To the rest, I thank you for your time and good info.

FedEx ALPA is looking for 50 or so volunteers to help out guys just like you. You might consider calling the FedEX MEC and asking for some advice/help. They may be able to hook you up...

Generally speaking, your sponsors are your best source of similar info. In any case--if you show up with a good attitude you'll have the time and help you need to blast through the program. I would write off a lot weekends and not plan on jumpseating home every weekend, but if you can commit yourself to 2-3 months of purgatory you will do just fine. You have obviously been successful enough to get this far--that success isn't likely to stop now.

Albie: I'd like to call the MEC...that's a good idea. Can you pm me some numbers? I can't wait to get started!
Also, TM was a great help in getting me prepped. Time and money well spent.

FedExFlyer said:
Astounding ignorance is an understatement............

GMS

Got Mine Syndrome

pardon my ignorance, but 14 weeks seems a bit excessive for training. Im sure you need every bit of it though. Can anyone give a some info on training schedule/syllabus is like?

I started 10 July, Indoc was done on the 18th or 19th I think. Three guys started systems training on 24 July, 5 will start 7 Aug, and 2 more on 14 Aug (all dates figured out by seniority order). From the time you start systems it's approximately 65 days of training before you move on to IOE. Another 2-3 weeks or so to finish IOE and you're done. So those of us who started training in early July should be activated some time in early November I'd guess.

I wouldn't sweat a crashpad too much before getting to MEM, there's about 10,000 flyers on the bulletin boards in the training building. You should have adequate time during Indoc to find one you like. If you're not driving to Memphis, I recommend an airport car.

All I've done is Indoc so far, and while there's a lot to do that keeps you busy, it's by no means the fire hose that's gonna start up when you go to systems. You'll have time to take care of some personal stuff, but I'd make sure you have all that squared away before you go to systems. Good luck, it's a fantastic place to be.

Skip the crash pad for now. Stay in a hotel for the first two or three days. You'll get a feel for how things are going to go in the first couple of days and then you can make a decision. Crash pads are extremely easy to come by in Memphis, call at 2 pm and you can be sleeping in it by 8 pm. I don't know if they are sending guys to off site training right now or not, but you could get farmed out and your crash pad would go unoccupied.

Best to give it a few days and get the feel for the place, the baymont near the airport gives a $29 a night rate for fedex pilots, stay there a couple of days until you make your decision.

Dress code in training

Here's my dumb question for the week.

What's the dress code while in training?

Since it's a freight job, can we wear a baseball cap and a t-shirt? ;) Just kidding.

Seriously, is it slacks and dress shirts? Are jeans and a shirt with a collar ok? Thanks for the heads up.

fartknocker said:
Here's my dumb question for the week.

What's the dress code while in training?

Since it's a freight job, can we wear a baseball cap and a t-shirt? ;) Just kidding.

Seriously, is it slacks and dress shirts? Are jeans and a shirt with a collar ok? Thanks for the heads up.

Suit and tie: 1st day, checkrides

Business casual: every other day

Latest resources

Back