• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX Slides Off Runway At MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Learlove- Rwy 04 is presently closed, near taxiway W. They are digging a tunnel through it & have the runway split in half.

The news report & the picture info both agree that he landed on 12L.

It looks like he's near P4 or P6...... I'm not sure if he landed on 12L & tried to make a left turnoff, (no taxiway), or ran into the grass off P4 or P6.

Anyway, no one was hurt & the plane is fine.

Ain't no thang.

CaptainMark said:
you got it wrong...i said i would not get involved with accident discussions..which i have not..i did say he flies tiny jets..but i always told him that..he started the thread with some typical smartass swa/fo comments and all the fedex boys came a calling!

Southwest pilot making fun of a Fed EX pilot sliding off the end of a runway. That is funny! Way to go SWA/FO!!!!!

Loco

I was in Minny that night and talked to the ramp folks.

Standard--there is more to the story than we can talk about here. Let's leave the speculation until the facts are out and the report is out. The little tidbits I heard indicated there are some factors that contributed that were outside the direct control of the crew.

And SWA F/O and Capt Mark...here's my two cents: I went to ALPA HQ last month and worked with about 20 guys from Independence who lost their jobs when the company went under. You BOTH make a lot more than any of those guys. You BOTH make a lot more all the guys who are furloughed and out of work from Delta, American, and United... You are making more than about anyone in the regionals right now. You both have jobs you love, and thankfully you work at companies that are solvent. Perhaps instead of comparing wankers you guys could use this forum to pass on some of the good stuff you learned to A) get on to SWA in a very competitive environment and B) master the mighty bus and perform as a young captain in one of the most demanding 121 jobs out there. I'm sure you'd have a captive audience (me included) if you decided to pontificate on those subjects...

Fly safe...and stay on the runway....

AlbieF15 said:
I was in Minny that night and talked to the ramp folks.

Standard--there is more to the story than we can talk about here. Let's leave the speculation until the facts are out and the report is out. The little tidbits I heard indicated there are some factors that contributed that were outside the direct control of the crew.

And SWA F/O and Capt Mark...here's my two cents: I went to ALPA HQ last month and worked with about 20 guys from Independence who lost their jobs when the company went under. You BOTH make a lot more than any of those guys. You BOTH make a lot more all the guys who are furloughed and out of work from Delta, American, and United... You are making more than about anyone in the regionals right now. You both have jobs you love, and thankfully you work at companies that are solvent. Perhaps instead of comparing wankers you guys could use this forum to pass on some of the good stuff you learned to A) get on to SWA in a very competitive environment and B) master the mighty bus and perform as a young captain in one of the most demanding 121 jobs out there. I'm sure you'd have a captive audience (me included) if you decided to pontificate on those subjects...

Fly safe...and stay on the runway....

Well said Albie,

We need to bring this board back to where it was in 1999-2001. Everyone for the most part was professional, courteous, lot's of tips to getting on with the airlines hiring during that time (almost everyone:) ). I can't remember much name calling, or drawn out nasty threads.

I guess it is true of what they say regarding human nature. Bad times brings out the worst in people.

AAflyer

Guilty of letting these time bring out the worst in me.

Albie,
While Fed Ex has a very good pilot group overall, I think you are asking a bit much of CaptMark. As I'm sure you can tell his ego is too big to offer anything productive to this board.
Take care

He's not alone, and I too have an ego... But I'd rather have it stroked for passing out good info than for spewing venom. He's certainly not the worst on the board at all, and (no kidding) a young widebody captain might just have some pretty interesting insights into the job. I'll bet he's got plenty of good stuff to share. SWA FO too--if we can just keep them from poking everyone in the eyes...

Captain Mark,

You established yourself as an arrogant a$$ on here long ago, and no amount of backpedaling will change it. Sorry buddy, but you did it to yourself. You can include me in your little list of guys who think you are full of yourself...but you don't care right? If you don't care, why are you posting about it?

IB6 UB9 said:
Captain Mark,

You established yourself as an arrogant a$$ on here long ago, and no amount of backpedaling will change it. Sorry buddy, but you did it to yourself. You can include me in your little list of guys who think you are full of yourself...but you don't care right? If you don't care, why are you posting about it?

Captain Mark, you can throw me in with this guy as well as the others who are not fond of you.

Did you burn through the $22,000 you made in December and then bragged about it on the Regionals Forum yet?

dojetdriver said:
Captain Mark, you can throw me in with this guy as well as the others who are not fond of you.

Did you burn through the $22,000 you made in December and then bragged about it on the Regionals Forum yet?

another loser..sorry i forgot about u..and ib6 ubloser...good luck with your career..i would be worried too...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back