Fedex Seat Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC,

It was a slow process, but after getting the name from the seat bid, I tracked them down in the new hire photos.

Goose17

Goose17 said:
It was a slow process, but after getting the name from the seat bid, I tracked them down in the new hire photos.

Goose17
Ahhhhhh....

I don't think that'll work for the Capts, as they weren't doing new hire photos, or wing ceremonies under the Falcon, or even a caboose even as recently as the 727 Capts' DOH's. As I recall it went something like this: ::: Kathy walking down the aisle of the classroom, turning to the left, and then to the right ::: "Take one, pass 'em down, if you need insignia for your hat - - nobody ever buys a hat - - give me a call and I'll get you one of those." Then there was the brief lecture about only using approved vendors to buy our uniforms and voilà, we were pilots.

Oh, cool, look, we have wings now! :)

Ahhh, yes, back in the old days... when men were men, and women . . . no, wait, that was a different place. :)

Yeah, it would be real hard to track Capt DOH from the new hire pictures...I don't think Poloroid or B/W pictures scan real well onto the computer:D

Last edited:
DOH for Captains. . .

Perhaps we could call the Memphis CSI unit and have them use their carbon dating machine??

O K guys. The carbon dating thing was pretty funny but we are not all that old!

Past......

Just wondering.....

Goose17 said:
I received a private post requesting dates of hires for the most junior upgrades from this last seat bid.

Here is the data:

plane pos. location Date of hire
MD-11 FO Memphis Oct01
MD-11 FO Anchorage May02
MD-11 FO LAX very senior
DC-10 FO Memphis Jun01
Airbus FO Memphis Aug01
Airbus FO Subic Apr02
727 FO Memphis Mar04
DC-10 SO Memphis Sep04

As for captain data, I don't have the time to figure it out.

Hope this is helpful/interesting for those who care.

Goose17
What makes LAX so senior?

I'm just a young pup so my info might be off a little but LA went real senior when the base opened (@Oct '02 I think). Everyone thought it was going to be this awesome all Hawaii and International flying MD11 base. Then the schedules came out and boy was everyone upset (Pissed)! All the trips out of LA were DOMESTIC only flying. So if you didn't live in LA most of the Capt and FO bid back to MEM or ANC so they could fly better/international trips.

So when the Mar/Apr '03 bid came out LA went real junior. Then a couple of months later scheduling switched up the trips and LA started getting a lot (75%)of international flying. To late though, the senior guys had already bid out.

Nowadays, the domestic/international flying is about equal (50/50) in LA so some of the senior guys are starting to come back.

You also have to remember that Tigers had an LA base so we have quit a few pilots that live in and area that area.

Hope this helps and answers your question.:p

Last edited:
PurpleTail said:
I'm just a young pup so my info might be off a little but LA went real senior when the base opened (@Oct '02 I think). Everyone thought it was going to be this awesome all Hawaii and International flying MD11 base. Then the schedules came out and boy was everyone upset (Pissed)! All the trips out of LA were DOMESTIC only flying. So if you didn't live in LA most of the Capt and FO bid back to MEM or ANC so they could fly better/international trips.

So when the Mar/Apr '03 bid came out LA went real junior. Then a couple of months later scheduling switched up the trips and LA started getting a lot (75%)of international flying. To late though, the senior guys had already bid out.

Nowadays, the domestic/international flying is about equal (50/50) in LA so some of the senior guys are starting to come back.

You also have to remember that Tigers had an LA base so we have quit a few pilots that live in and area that area.

Hope this helps and answers your question.:p
So are the LA guys who get to see Hawaii, etc?

Yes, LA has a lot of Hawaii, some lines are pure Hawaii flying. MEM gets some Hawaii as well but it is mostly LA. Some trips are Hawaii-layover-then back to OAK, the good stuff goes Hawaii-Fuji-Sydney...nice!

The LA RFO trips are nice too. Last month I got back to back HKG-ANC RFO trips on reserve...that'll never happen again but it was fun while it lasted.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back