Fedex Seat Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyndesk

Wasn't a new seat bid supposed to close sometime this week at Fedex? Any news on people moving up and new hires?

flyndesk said:
Wasn't a new seat bid supposed to close sometime this week at Fedex? Any news on people moving up and new hires?

It closed today at 1400Z ( 8 hrs, 33 minutes ago)

It usually takes a while for the computers and the managers to sort out the new lists and publish.

It's Out! Looks like 120+ openings for 727 S/Os........Hiring should be good!

amazing

The last guy to be awarded the right seat of the 727 on this bid had a hire date of March 22 2004!!!

This is night-and-day different from guys like me who are now just starting F/O school after 2-1/2 to 3 years!

This is good news for everyone. Like I said in a previous post, it looks like we are getting back to the normal back seat tour of 8 to 18 months!

The MD-11 in Memphis actually went pretty junior. I am not going to go for it at 100%, but I was only 30 some numbers from holding it now and I just started 727 F/O school 2 days ago.

Timing is key. It is nice to see everyone moving again!

Goose17

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!! Missed ANC by 1 number!!!! wwwAAAAAAAAAH!!

dates of hire

I received a private post requesting dates of hires for the most junior upgrades from this last seat bid.

Here is the data:

plane pos. location Date of hire
MD-11 FO Memphis Oct01
MD-11 FO Anchorage May02
MD-11 FO LAX very senior
DC-10 FO Memphis Jun01
Airbus FO Memphis Aug01
Airbus FO Subic Apr02
727 FO Memphis Mar04
DC-10 SO Memphis Sep04

As for captain data, I don't have the time to figure it out.

Hope this is helpful/interesting for those who care.

Goose17

Lots of hiring, lots of moving, training dept cranked up with no signs of slowing for at least a year and a half.

Hired Summer '01 and I could have held MEM MD-11 and had 25+ below me but I decided to stay in LA and be more junior for a bit longer. The word is out for the LA base and it is starting to go very senior but if you don't live in or around the area it can be a drag.

I guess the 8 DAL MD-11's we just bought for 200 million won't hurt either. If you figure 14 crewmembers per aircraft thats another 112 (ballpark) new slots. Not bad.

Beg, borrow or steal but get an interview fast if you can...LIFE IS GOOD:)

EVERYDAY IS MORE RETRO PAY!!!

Goose17 said:
I received a private post requesting dates of hires for the most junior upgrades from this last seat bid.

Here is the data:

plane pos. location Date of hire

. . .

Goose17
Just curious . . . how did you come up with the DOH's?

PurpleTail said:
I guess the 8 DAL MD-11's we just bought for 200 million won't hurt either. If you figure 14 crewmembers per aircraft thats another 112 (ballpark) new slots. Not bad.
And those weren't included on this posting. It will take a while to get them P-F converted.

PurpleTail said:
EVERYDAY IS MORE RETRO PAY!!!

ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY!!!

Yeah, baby! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back