FedEx seat bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Came out TODAY!

Just off the wires, posting 04-02. But only for 15 Airbus Captains and secondaries. Bid closes on Mar 17, St Patty's Day! Keep them coming!

FJ

Well then somebody's not telling me something because that's EXACTLY what happened to me, as well as all internal hires that I know from the training dept.

I've had the chance to work with some corp folks and also have helped get some guys ready for their "pro IP" job at FedEx. In any case, they get a job, and they can use their "years of service" in their retirement mulitplier....BUT....they get a line number based on date they go in class for the LINE.

One very nice, very capable pro instructor who helped me through my training at FDX is 100 numbers or so below me. Ironic? Yes. Fair...debatable. Fact o' life....yep.

Put the gun down, Huck....and pet the dog. Nobody is jumping in front of you.

TWGORDY-

Company employees and the pilot group have two different seniority systems. The are some FO's on the 727 that have a wide body captain employee number...Why?...because they threw boxes back in college or did something else at the company on the internal side.

Even the pro instructors and corporate pilots go to the bottom of the list once they are hired as a FedEx mainline pilot.

Yeah, I flew with that guy, sits in the right seat of the 72, but has an employee number from 1976. He threw boxes for a summer before college, went off and spent 20 years in the military, then came back and gets his original employee number.

He told some great stories about working under that old tin roof north of the Courtyard - pilots jumping out and helping unload the Falcons - Fred driving around in a station wagon, looking for loafers so he could fire them on the spot....

I attribute my panic, above, to having dealt with the gulf coast fog for the last 3 days!

Re: K.D. New phone #?

FedEx said:
Does anyone know K.D. new phone #? I tried to call the old number but no answer. I think she changed #'s.

Before anyone gets to excited, I am in the pool and would just like to update her with a new phone # and address since I have moved twice since I interviewed.

Thanks
Rich

Any luck on getting a number for KD? I tried the old -3816 number to call and the fax number that ends in -3826 and neither answered. I tried sending an email with no luck as well. I have some stuff I need to fax to KD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back