• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Rumors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah the company wants to do the RFO only thing on the MD-11 for new hires, as well as over 60 guys, maybe. But they have to get it past ALPA so good luck on THAT one.

Don't forget the feds too

capt_zman said:
Just heard this one this week, considering putting newhires directly into the maddog as RFO's only with at least a 1 year seat lock. Doing all landing recurrency in the sim.

UAL tried to create a similar position(IRP) during one of their bancruptcy end runs at the pilot contract. It would have paid betweenthe old 737-200 F/O pay and 727 S/O (- the 29% from the C2000 scale of course)Besides the ALPA objections, there was word that the Feds weren't terribly enthused about the idea either.

I've heard a lot of "big bid" rumors on the crew bus...I've also heard a lot of "2 year seat-lock" rumors as well. Last I heard was (two rumors) 250 widebody CA and 100 A300 + 60 MD11. I've heard 1200+ new hires this year, and I've heard no new hires until the training pipeline can get straightened out.
I believe the bottom line is, listen to the phone call from KD. Don't listen to anything else. Guys on the line don't have much advance notice as to what's going down...

Leroy, you hit the nail on the head...wait to hear it directly from the company before we believe it.

KD has been making lots of phone calls lately, everybody that I know who has been waiting(a few folks) got the call within the last 2 weeks or so...I'm guessing that the increased hiring rumor is close to being true...

Good luck to everyone who is waiting...be patient...

I talkked to both KD and one of the ACP's Admin assistants this week...70 newhires a month starting in Feb...hiring into right seat of MD is coming... 2 year seat lock for 727 SO with passover pay...TIFWIW...

:rolleyes:Adlerdriver....Oh So sorry for my mispilled wurds. I did nut no I wus beng graded on it! Idiot!!

I tried to walk in a resume today, and the ACP wouldn't accept it. Told I have to wait until at least Feb and maybe Mar before they open up the meet and greet process. Apparently that is one heck of a backlog they have going on in there.

FJ

Like all of us I wanted the uniform, to fly a cool jet as quick as possible, to feel equal to my friends, have hot chicks look at you during boarding while you flip switches and look cool, and all that other stuff

Huh?

commuterpuke said:
Like all of us I wanted the uniform, to fly a cool jet as quick as possible, to feel equal to my friends, have hot chicks look at you during boarding while you flip switches and look cool, and all that other stuff

Huh? I must have missed something.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back