Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fedex

waiting -

Everything I have heard so far has been spring. We keep listening for something better/brighter....but have not heard anything. I was in the AOC last night and talked with several guys in training - same story.

I still think that one of the first REAL signs will be when the HR department starts calling people for updates (has anyone in the pool been convicted of a felony the last 18 months, new employers, etc).

As for holding out until the contract negotiations goes....hard to say, but I doubt it. Noone knows how long the negotiations will take - so I don't think that is a factor. Spring makes sense to me, get guys on the property and trained before next year's peak season.

Just speculations and opinions - take them for what they are worth - :)

Thanks

Panelape and Herk,

Thanks for the replies, I sure hope you guys are right about springtime! Hopefully we(poolies) will not reach the two year mark.. I am anxious to get over there..

Ready to pour some Coffee..
Waitinginline

Well...I was gonna sell these on flash cards to new SOs but since its Christmas I'll just pass it on...

Moos.....the nuclear proof dairy creamer in little packages impossible to open without spilling or spraying on your paperwork..

Blues...aspertane sweetner

Pinks....saccahrine (sp?) sweetner

FDX STD is 2/3 cup full...any more will slosh on captain's hands. Dispite having lids in package, NEVER put a lid on the coffee unless asked (I don't know why, either...)

So...its 2 am, the proper call enroute to Boise would be "how 'bout a cup of Joe, 2 blues and a moo please..."

If its Jethrof15's coffee you are making take a small 1808 lightbulb from the case and put it in the bottom of his cup just to keep him paranoid and awake and paying attention...

Pour safe...

Don't forget that when you open the yogurt that you point it away from you, otherwise it will squirt all over you. Take care and good luck.

Nightflyer

AlbieF15 said:
Well...I was gonna sell these on flash cards to new SOs but since its Christmas I'll just pass it on...
Reminds me of the days I used to fold a napkin in thirds, clip it on the yoke under the maplight, and slip a Sanicom in the little pocket formed by the napkin. Requisition a coupla mints from the hotel checkout desk, and clip those on, too, for a special touch.

Of course, you have to get the wrap and tuck on the water bottles so the napkin won't fall off before you preposition them in the Capt's and FO's cupholders.

I'm not certain where the concept of FE servitude evolved, but I played along - - and that was BEFORE we had probation. GO figger.....

AlbieF15 said:
FDX STD is 2/3 cup full...any more will slosh on captain's hands. Dispite having lids in package, NEVER put a lid on the coffee unless asked (I don't know why, either...)
Reminds me of my days as a courier when I would read the Safety bulletin board just to see what ws going on.

FLIGHT SAFETY REPORT: We need lids on our coffee cups so we don't burn ourselves !

RESPONSE: OK, Captain, we'll get 'em for ya right away.

And I sat there thinkin' "What a buncha brats!"

AlbieF15 said:
Pour safe...
SafeLY. :)

Don't forget that when you open the yogurt that you point it away from you, otherwise it will squirt all over you.
I ALWAYS forget that rule. I don't need a Christmas tie, I gots me a custom one. :D

9E to FE FE

Hey 9E guys drowning in the purple kiddie pool dont worry its coming. I have been here a year and half and by the time you get here you are going to be a whole 50 #'s jr. So enjoy flying that CRJ b/c the panel is like sitting in the coat closet of the J31 looking at the exit door. No one to talk to except when coffee is needed and then you are the man:( for about 10 sec.) You will also find out you are not on a trip but a SORTIE. The great thing is the company is great and will take care of you, you do not fly as much and you do not have to call payroll every 2 weeks b/c it is always correct. The previous post is correct point the yogurt away from youwhen opening , more towards the back of the F/O when he will not slide the seat forward. Also the rumors over here are bigger and more elaborate then imaginable. So do not believe it till it is sitting on the property painted in company colors or you are sitting in class with a seniority #. Hopefully this spring.

P.S. BONE IT LIKE YOU OWN IT
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

AND PLEASE CHECH OUT THIS WHITE TRASH CHRISTMAS CARTOON

http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html

Well, is it just me or does there seem to be more open time than usual? LAX has more than they've had in the past, at least since I've been there. I'm about as junior as you can get there and I was converted to a secondary line. Anyone else noticed this or am I breathing too much of the smog out there in LA?

Take care,
NightFlyer

Latest resources

Back