• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx purple nuggets and disputed pairings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry about the disputed pairings, that is a job of union members.

Say what?

Even probationary members can support the negotiating and the scheduling improvement committees by simply refusing to REQUEST disputed pairings in the custom line process or by volunteering for them by pairing number.

Nobody should fly the disputed pairings unless they are assigned the trip while on reserve. Period. Easy. Simple.

It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being a probationary member.

The whole idea of a probationary member is a bunch of crap anyway, but that is another thread.

FJ

If you are on probation you have zero union protection.
Understood, but you make no sense if I interpret you correctly below.
Don't worry about the disputed pairings, that is a job of union members.
Am I to understand that I may not join the union while I'm on probation? Or do you mean simply that while I may be a member I'm not protected while on probation?
As a soon-to-be member, whether I'm protected or not, I will not do anything that will erode leverage. Who's the "union" anyway? You are.

I think what FH is saying is to keep your head down. If you get assigned the DP while on reserve, don't write a thesis on how f'd up the pairing is and draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Don't, however, voluntarily fly them. Remember, the only way you can get assigned one is
1)to ask for it by name(number),
2)put yourself on the general make-up/volunteer list (that will make sense once you hit the line),
3)accept it if called for draft (150% pay) or
4)get assigned it on reserve.

Remember, the first three are up to you! The company can only make you do it while on reserve.

When you get to ANC, ask the first line pilot you see and they'll be happy to explain it all to you with a smile and a handshake.

Welcome to Heaven!!

Even if you are on probation you work under the provisions of the CBA. Under the CBA you can not be assigned a disputed pairing in a custom line unless you specifically request it. If you get a disputed pairing without asking for it I am positive that the union will want to grieve it, whether you are on probation or not.

Again, probation has absolutely nothing to do with the disputed pairing process.

Welcome aboard Purple Nuggets.

FJ

Purpled said:
I think what FH is saying is to keep your head down. If you get assigned the DP while on reserve, don't write a thesis on how f'd up the pairing is and draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Don't, however, voluntarily fly them. Remember, the only way you can get assigned one is
1)to ask for it by name(number),
2)put yourself on the general make-up/volunteer list (that will make sense once you hit the line),
3)accept it if called for draft (150% pay) or
4)get assigned it on reserve.

Remember, the first three are up to you! The company can only make you do it while on reserve.

When you get to ANC, ask the first line pilot you see and they'll be happy to explain it all to you with a smile and a handshake.

Welcome to Heaven!!

Does anybody know approximately when the first of the "purple nuggets" are going to be activated/finish IOE?

MalteseX said:
Does anybody know approximately when the first of the "purple nuggets" are going to be activated/finish IOE?

Mid September according to the training letter.

FJ

Falconjet said:
Even if you are on probation you work under the provisions of the CBA. Under the CBA you can not be assigned a disputed pairing in a custom line unless you specifically request it. If you get a disputed pairing without asking for it I am positive that the union will want to grieve it, whether you are on probation or not.

Again, probation has absolutely nothing to do with the disputed pairing process.

Welcome aboard Purple Nuggets.

FJ

I would hazard a guess that if you get a disputed pairing on a custom line and didn't request it, it WILL BE grieved. I say that because it is almost guaranteed you will be called asking why you ended up with the disputed pairing, and once the union finds out you got it without asking for it, they will grieve it.

Latest resources

Back