Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Split Disputed Pairing

PurpleMember said:
The SIG's stance on revised disputed pairings, even when they are fixed, is to not fly them. The resources required to track these is not available, we rely on you the crewmember. So not flying the 're-worked' pairing, even when it looks deliciously good, is the way to send the message. Sure they are getting creative, they are really hurting for warm .:beer:

OK, help me out here. Once we are past the contract negotiations and out from under the "only fly your line" philosophy, why is it bad to fly the non-disputed portion of a split disputed pairing? I read the SIG guidelines and it does not imply that at all. It says clearly to watch for disputed pairings that have a DH added and the pairing number changed. Don't fly those. If the company wants to split out the disputed part of the trip and create an additional, non-disputed trip, fine. Just don't fly the disputed part. To do other is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Perhaps you have some inside knowledge from the SIG that is not publically available.

Nothing wrong with flying the nondisputed portion of a split pairing. Some might ask why fly extra at straight pay though. I see no reason not to swap into a better pairing though.

Ok....just saw another example of new guys taking disputed pairings. While looking through the disputed pairings in open time in ANC, saw that a few were missing. As it turns out, a guy with a very junior employee number (I won't mention names) took TWO of them in August.

Its been a while since I was a new hire. Is the union still doing a meet-and-greet with the new hire class? Maybe they should be getting the word out to the new hires during their meet and greet if they aren't already.

Can you go talk to the dude or at least send him an email letting him know WTF over?

It might be blanket party time.

FJ

Latest resources

Back