FedEx Poolie Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rusty Nail

Are any of you poolies updating your App? I just went on there and it looks like a whole new section of questions on tickets etc.
Do you think it is necessary?

Thanks, looking forward to the call!

I was in the pool for 2 years- and I didn't update my app online during this time (though I did speak to KD once in a while and gave her updates over the phone. But this was more like chit chat.)

But of course, once they called me for a class, they sent out a package with updating forms to fill out.

If they told you NOT to call, then don't call. My group was never told that....

Last edited:
It looks like all of the new questions online come from the paperwork that they send you when you get the call to interview. There is a front & back form they send called "pilot questionnaire." These "new" questions are all on there. It looks like they are simply going to quit sending those 2 pages and have you do it online now. So...if anyone is a poolie, they have already answered these questions...

Thats what I was thinking. I already answered these Q's on my app and at the interview. I want to update though because I keep hearing the rumor that they will be calling people based on experience and I would assume that means flight time?

I'm also scared as hell to call them because they made it clear not to bother them. I don't want to be the first to try.

I wouldn't call in for anything other than to change address or something like that, and I'd do that by FedEx instead.

Not only do they not want to be bothered, they probably don't know any more than you do when they will get to start filling classes.

Just be patient and enjoy your free time now, because soon you will be very busy drinking the purple coolaid from the firehose.

(and loving it)

FJ

Falconjet said:
I wouldn't call in for anything other than to change address or something like that, and I'd do that by FedEx instead.

Not only do they not want to be bothered, they probably don't know any more than you do when they will get to start filling classes.

Just be patient and enjoy your free time now, because soon you will be very busy drinking the purple coolaid from the firehose.

(and loving it)

FJ

And it will be a LARGE firehose........enjoy the springtime and go have a beverage. I guarantee you'll be wanting that R&R about a month into your training!!

I wouldnt' freak out about calling KD with any updates. We were specifically told to call and let her know if your address, email, telephone number, employment, availability (immediate or 2 weeks notice required), etc. has changed.

I called her this morning to fill her in on some information that has changed since my interview in early March. She really appreciated the update from me.

However, DO NOT call to ask about class dates. Be smart!

I interviewed in Feb. Been waiting for an answer for 7+ weeks now. Anybody else waiting/waited this long? Just curious.

One person in my group waited just over 8 weeks. Not sure why some take so long and some don't.

Quiet Flight said:
I interviewed in Feb. Been waiting for an answer for 7+ weeks now. Anybody else waiting/waited this long? Just curious.
If you hadn't heard anything either way since your interview, I would definitely call or more appropriately, get your sponsor to find out what's up. Sounds like you fell through the cracks somehow. The "do not call" thing is for those of us who've been notified we're in the pool and they said that so we wouldn't bother them about class dates. They never said to us after the interview not to call and I'm certain they'd understand if you are at the 7 week mark..... holy crap! Good on ya for not jumping off a building yet! Most in my group heard at the 2 week mark and everyone heard by 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back