FedEx Pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WolfmanJack

Does anyone know how many people are still currently in the pool at FedEx? I've looked at the "FedEx Pool" link at the top of this forum, but it doesn't contain all the names of people who have mentioned that they've recieved calls for class dates. Does anyone who works for FedEx know the actual number left? Thanks.

Wolfman,

I am Pulling anchor on this pool so you can bet, by the time I get a class date the pool will be emptied of all the longtimers.

My GD waterwings just deflated and I need out of the pool now!!!

I'll take a stab

These numbers are certainly unofficial, and I have no idea how accurate they are, but perhaps they can shed some light on the question of how many folks are still in the pool. Back in Feb the System Chief Pilot circulated a list with 70 names on it who were either in the pool or to be called for an interview. Best case, all made the cut and were still waiting for the call for a class date. Number in pool = 70.

Since then we have hired 12 internals (were not on the list) and 28 who were on the list. Pool now equals 42 max. 16 are slated to start classes this month, pool will equal 26 max at the end of June. I don't think I've missed any classes, and I marked off the names from the master seniority list which includes folks in training, so I think my numbers are pretty good. What I don't know (and have no way of finding out) is how many folks on the list who were to be interviewed actually passed or how many folks on the list who were in the pool have actually gone to work for somebody else. That would make the number smaller of course.

There have been a small number of interviews over the past month or so as well so there could be some more people entering the pool since the original email from the SCP, so the number could also have gone up from new folks passing the interview.

Again, this is just an unofficial calculation from the little bit of info that trickles down to the line. I hope it is helpful and somewhat accurate.

Best of luck.

FJ

Last Thursday, I walked a resume into Jack Lewis. Was told 30 folks left swimming. Falconjet is right on. But being a Coastie myself, I would expect as much. rip

Falconjet's numbers are probably quite accurate. I would guess, however, that there will be several (3-5) who will not be going to class due to jobs elsewhere or military commitments (Guard & Reservists who are activated). I am personally aware of two folks who fall under both aforementioned categories.

Of course, I'm just trying to remain optimistic with the hopes of a call from KD. In the meantime..."just keep swimming..."

Falconjet,

You forgot to carry the 1.

Just kidding, nice detective work.

When it boils down to it, we pilots are really like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed shlt. We know nothing and I think that is not an accident.

Goose17

Pool list out of date

Like Pecan said, there are folks who have dropped off the unofficial list for various reasons. I know one for sure who took a class date with SWA. That is why I used the actual seniority list and the memo from the SCP. The wild card is how many other folks have left the pool and how many of the new interviewees have jumped in. In any case, I think the "old" pool will be close to empty with 3 more classes (after Jun) and then hopefully the rest of the 51 new hires currently authorized (that would be 11 or so (5x8=40, 51-40=11)) will be "new" poolies or interviewees. That would mean "new" folks in the training center by the end of Aug.

And THEN hopefully whatever the things that the finance folks are waiting to happen will happen and they will authorize another 100 (number from the rumors of 150-160 for the year) or so new hires for the rest of the fiscal year. That, and the potential seat bid in late summer/early fall, would be sweet!

Goose: We know nothing and we WILL like it!

FJ

Thanks for all the thought and effort to provide a quick answer. I'm not in the pool myself, but hoping for an interview soon. (Keeping my fingers crossed). Thanks again guys.

Just happened to hear a confirmation rumor about the number of poolies to date (around 30). Apparently those are considered part of the 51 this quarter (JUN JUL AUG). So they need to interview and hire at least 21 more by August. Also heard folks who recently interviewed being told to expect a start date this summer. That being said, if I had managed to progress according to what I had been told to expect during my interview (as many others can attest) I would have started training in SEP/OCT 02. Something about purple paint and ramps around here...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back