Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waitinginline

2AOFF1BONANDCHECKED
For those of you who like myself are waiting on a class date at Fed.. I spoke with BH on 1-2-03.. She said March..
However, I spoke with one of buddies in the training dept. and he said that is the plan for now.. He would not throw me anymore clues except that it could change anyday (to an earlier date).. I did hear interviews would start back in March as well!!!
I interviewed June 5-6,2001..

...sure hope your interview date was a typo (2001). Didn't someone post last week that there may be a small class of 6-12 this month?

Thanks for the info, I'm swimmin' with ya.

TYPO

Yes, sorry P3 it was 2002.. Long day yesterday!

Waitinginline-

How many people were in your interview class? Do you know how many of them got accepted into the pool? Have you tried to put your info in the FedEx pool list on this site? Those of us who thought we were near the top of the list would sure like to know how many are actually ahead of them!!! I know our pool list is probably only 25% complete, but any additions make it more accurate!:D

-Leroy (unofficial poolie #5)

How many folks do you think are swimming with you guys here at the beginning of the year? With a rumored "Mar/Apr" re-start of the interviews, will FedEx be interviewing to start filling up the pool again? It kinda makes economic sense... hire and hold onto the crewdogs until a class date opens up. Not much out there in the way of hiring competition these days. Or, do you think that you folks will get the call to be in school and then the more traditional cycle of "hire and quickly into the training pipeline" will start again?

Just curious as to what folks think about the way hiring is going to look like as the evolution of the airlines (pax and cargo) starts taking place again. Lots of credit to you folks that have made it through the interviews and are swimming...

FDX pool list updated...

Just sent in the newest FDX pool list to be posted this weekend. Currently show 17 on the list.....anyone else out there who's not listed and is waiting for a class, please sign in.

W8n4swa:cool:

interview class

Again I interviewed June 5-6, 2002.. In my group there were 6 of us.. However, only 4 were interviewing for line pilot positions! The other two were going for corporate positions.. I only got one persons phone number and I know he got hired.. I am not sure of the others (hired or not).. So I know you can put someone else on the list above me... I will try to get him to register on here.. I hope this helps, I know thats the last thing you want to see more people popping up in front of you.. Sorry, Good Luck...

Corporate Positions

You mentioned that 2 of the 6 applying were going for corporate positions. I read a Professional Pilot article a long time ago about the corporate division, but does anyone know anything about how to get in? What kind of schedule/payscale do they get?

Just wondering.
Thanks

There was an article in Professional Pilot a couple of months ago that featured the corporate flight dept. that might have some info that you are looking for.
Good luck.

Latest resources

Back