FedEx Next class is 19 July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reddog,

how many from your interview class got the thumbs up? Are any of them in the july 12th 04 class? any idea of where you fall in the pool? Were there any interviews after your interview class? Sorry for the barage of ?'s

reddog said:
I interviewed 26 Sep 02. Hoping to catch the next class. We'll see...

Anyone in class right now or recently gone through? What do you recommend prior to first day of class for prep... Any idea of a time frame from start to finish?

From day one to last day of IOE for me was exactly 2 months. For others a few days longer. It depends on how you get scheduled for IOE. As for first day prep, drive to the correct building the day before to get an idea of how much time from your crashpad/home. Make sure you have everything that was listed for you to bring ON DAY ONE. Otherwise you might theoretically have to scramble and have your significant other FEDEX overnight, say, your passport, for example. Not that that happened to me, or anything...:eek:

The folks at Basic Indoc and Ground School take SUPER care of you as far as prep. You really shouldn't need to start studying anything until at least BI, if not just prior to GS.

Hope this helps:)

Yeah there is no reason to prepare for basic indoc. The only test is finding your way around with the maps provided for navigation.

The news so far is very good for FedEx. International is the big future. 737, 380 blah blah, and hiring is continuing. Interviews tomorrow. Those waiting for letters/results from recent interviews just need to hang on a little longer. CP JL has not had a chance to review them, and they don't go out before that. Office moves and all have kind of delayed that process a bit.

Three classes hard scheduled starting 19 July and two in Aug. This hiring is expected to continue for a while with at least eight per class, but possibly more. Filling retired slots which was about 85 this year I think, with slightly more next year and those numbers continuing for a while. Anticipated hiring to continue for a couple years at a slow, but steady rate! Umm let's see. I can't think of anything else right now without looking at my notes, oh yeah one more bit of info: They have 800 applications which they have pulled from the profiles online and are under consideration. What does this mean? It means they have a crap load of apps and they can be VERY picky with who makes it on property. This is a very touchy subject with Mgmt right now, and guys and gals HAVE to have squeaky clean records, and bullet proof work history.

The attitute at this company is out of this world!!! Strong, healthy, postitve, and HUNGRY to be number one...at everything! I am very lucky to have this opportunity. FDX is one hell of a company!

(yes, the purple cool aid tastes pretty 'dam' good!)

July 12th Class

Cabana #2,

I am the only person from the last group of interviewees (26 Sep 02) in this class. Except for one person, who was a last minute fill, everyone interviewed before me. I don't know how many from my interview group of six got put in the pool though. However, I doubt I was the only one so there might be some poolies in the July 19th class.

Reddog

Are they still not hiring any furloughed guys?

Not that I have ever been furloughed or anything... ;)

United, American, TWA, NWA, and Delta furloughees need not apply, at least according to emails from chief pilot. Issue has been discussed before.

Right or wrong, in early 90's several folks left FedEX after being recalled by AA and DAL. (Some, however stayed....and are now Captains). We have also had pilots leave the property to join AA, UAL, NWA, and DAL. Flight management at FedEx takes it personal when someone quits, and they have put their foot down. Fair? Well...I've got several f-lo'd friends I'd love to have on the property, but with so many qualified applicants the company can pick who they want.

One exception is US Air. Company has hired quite a few of those. Thoughts on the line are they are so far from recalling (if ever) that the issue is moot.

All it takes, however, is one (or a few) people changing their minds on the way to work one morning. If you want to apply here, its only $50, and you can update from now on. If you are a gambler maybe those are odds you would take...

Albie,

If this has been answered here before forgive me. Is there any worth to applying now even though I don't have the PIC and will not have the PIC for the next few years unless I hire a teamster boss to off around 30 pilots senior to me. Does applying now show I'm an eager beaver or should I just wait till I have the quals? I suppose the answer is it can't hurt but I remember giving American 100 clams a few years ago. $$ that is better spent on drinks with umbrellas in them somewhere sunny. I spoke to a FedEx rep at a career fair 2 summers ago and he said I'd be better off going somewhere to fly a metro than staying here and flying a 75,000 lb jet (in the r seat) if I want to work for FedEx. I have no real contacts at FedEx other than brother of a friend type thing so I don't really have a feel for what they like.
Salud,
S

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back