FedEx - more aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jan 3rd msg from VP of Flight Ops had:

Planned fleet numbers by the end of 2007 total 364 trunk aircraft with a net increase of 20 wide body aircraft. End state 2007 plan shows:
94 B727-200’s​
66 A310’s (+3)​
63 A300/600’s (+12)​
19 DC10’s (-11)​
64 MD10’s (+13)​
58 MD11’s (+3)​
Maybe we are getting jets quicker than originally thought...hope so.

January 3 message from the VP Ops??:confused: Son, every Friday, every week, the schedule of aircraft conversions is published by Air Fleet Conversions and is available to any FedEx pilot. It appears that only some of us OLD FARTS know how to find it. Although I would normally be happy to share the information I get the feeling most of you are ignorant, spoiled brats so I guess I'll let you figure it out yourself. :laugh: ;)

I'll bite...

I guess I am one of the spoiled brats... If the info you speak of is in the green screen, I avoid it like the plague. If you know of some good info, instead of calling us names, please pass it along.

Goose17

I guess I am one of the spoiled brats... If the info you speak of is in the green screen, I avoid it like the plague. If you know of some good info, instead of calling us names, please pass it along.

Goose17

I've sent you a PM. Feel free to give it to your friends since I know they're not mine.:laugh:

An ex-Eastern pilot told me they did a study there years ago and found that the guys that lost their medical, for whatever reason, before they reached 60 actually lived longer than those who flew to 60. So those who choose to fly to 65 better spend all of that money quickly on their ex-wives, because they probably won't be able to make long term plans to spend it.

Depends on which aircraft you'd like to upgrade in. You can bet it's going to get a lot longer with 65 and with FDXMEC supporting retroactivity...

An ex-Eastern pilot told me they did a study there years ago and found that the guys that lost their medical, for whatever reason, before they reached 60 actually lived longer than those who flew to 60. So those who choose to fly to 65 better spend all of that money quickly on their ex-wives, because they probably won't be able to make long term plans to spend it.

Jeez I just went to a Seaboard World reunion, lot of guys that flew to age 60, still going strong in their 80s. These are the guys that grew up when everyone smoked, drank more than they should, never exercised after Cadets. No, the guys that went out on medical were normally the guys thad lived the shortest time.

I've been here five years and under the old ruie it would have taken me about 7 years total to make narrow body captain.

After the rule changes it'll be closer to ten. Widebody is a few (~3) years after that.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about when I upgrade or how long I'm sitting sideways on the duece, as long as i'm flying a purple tail!! Now, who wants to recommended me????:D

Latest resources

Back