• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex MOAB is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B727 FO doesn't start until Sept?! Is that for people on the bid or does that mean that newhires will go in immediately to training and those who get awarded it on the bid will go in Sept?

Miyagi said:
"The Standing bids are closed."

Anyone know where to find the Q&A section BC referred to as being on the pilot website?

I'm guessing that maybe they shut the standing bids down for a few hours to take a snapshot before everybody got the Posting. Then they can compare to how it all changes based on the actual numbers.

That is just a guess though.

FJ

1st Overnite said:
B727 FO doesn't start until Sept?! Is that for people on the bid or does that mean that newhires will go in immediately to training and those who get awarded it on the bid will go in Sept?

No, those are SECOND officer postings. My read on that is that there will be a bunch of new hire classes (until Sept) going directly to W/B F/O seats and 727 F/O (as vacancy) slots; then they'll open the plumber pipeline back up in the fall. Someone with a more refined intellect than me can more accurately read the tea leaves.

hoya

No, those are SECOND officer postings. My read on that is that there will be a bunch of new hire classes (until Sept) going directly to W/B F/O seats and 727 F/O (as vacancy) slots; then they'll open the plumber pipeline back up in the fall. Someone with a more refined intellect than me can more accurately read the tea leaves.

I guess I misread that. Your theory seems to make sense.

I think this is what we have been waiting for! Great news!

1st Overnite said:

Good question... can anyone on the inside explain how the training dates work?

Thanks,

TSD

most excellent

Spur said:
The training letter is also "unavailable" for all aircraft. Could it be crew staffing is building training classes for newhires???

The training letter wont come out until a couple/few weeks after the bid closes.

To all in the pool; see you soon.

Goose17

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back