Fedex MOAB is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr Zog said:
I don't understand your point. Are you saying Reservists/Guardsmen can have comfort in any type of job action (if it comes to that) and the rest of the pilot force can't. We are FedEx pilots. This military vs civilian goes out the window once we are hired and complete training. We are all the same. I would hope everyone would do what it takes to get a contract deserving of our contribution to the bottom line at FedEx. By the way, I am not in the guard or reserves, and I did not retire. Maybe the two 60 day deployments during Afghanistan had something to do with that (at the time I was an MD-11 F/O so you can say it cost me a few dollars). You look at only the positives of being a reservist or guardsmen. Ask some of the old United, Delta, or American Captains who got activated during Desert Storm? Wonder what type of paycut they took? Serving your country in any capacity is extremely honorable. Do people take advantage of it when conditions exist? Yes. But at the same time something goes off in Iran, and they are probably going to be away from family and friends for a long time; and at a substantial paycut. Plus everyone at FedEx should be prepared should things turn sour in negotiations. Not that anyone wants that.
No one is saying that military service is anything other than honorable. As a 13 year enlisted Marine, I am a big supporter of our troops (even you lazy officers). I'm certainly NOT trying to turn this into a civilian v. military argument, but if you really think there is no advantage for the reservist/guard pilot during a job action you need to pull your head out of the sand. Plenty of 1st year pilots use the mil. leave option and don't "suffer" during their probation year and plenty will go make $400+ a day flying for their unit if we go on strike. Yes we can all put away money and get ready for a strike, but some people have a lot more options, and in my opinion, they seem to be the one's that carry on the most about how management isn't giving us our due. Just my observation.

Last edited:
This is just a heads up for all that are reading this thread. In the event that we do find that negotiations have come to a dead end, and are we are released to self help, here is the expectations for the membership. If things were to go south and we did find ourselves in self help, the reservists/guardsmen are expected to participate side by side with the non-military members in the strike activities, i.e., picketing, working in the strike center, etc. The Strike Committee will have numerous jobs for all to ensure a successful job action.

With that being said, please feel free to call your SPC Chairman in MEM or in your region to offer your help ahead of time so that they have a cadre of members to call upon for help in carrying out their appointed tasks.

CaptainMark said:
Future Bids/Hiring
We anticipate hiring in excess of 300 new hires in FY07. The plan is to
hire approximately 30 per month. If you are turning age 60 within the
next two years, it's important that you bid what you want to fly. We
expect the next bid to be published in the Spring of 2007.

this is from the fcif....poolies get your towels and dry off

Sorry to change the subject. I read in a previous post there are about 150 in the pool right now. Does this plan for 300 new hires in 2007 include the previously mentioned 150.
Just trying to get an idea how many are to be hired after the pool is drained.

Also, I did my meet and greet a while back. I have recently been told that my packet was accepted by the board and to expect a call for the interview. Any ideas on what kind of time frame I'm looking at here. Last I heard from my sponsor is that the release of the MOAB would start moving things along, as far as interviews go.

Last edited:
i don't think anyone knows the details just yet...but this bid will definately move things along..hang in there and good luck

rk772 said:
Sorry to change the subject. I read in a previous post there are about 150 in the pool right now. Does this plan for 300 new hires in 2007 include the previously mentioned 150.
Just trying to get an idea how many are to be hired after the pool is drained.

Also, I did my meet and greet a while back. I have recently been told that my packet was accepted by the board and to expect a call for the interview. Any ideas on what kind of time frame I'm looking at here. Last I heard from my sponsor is that the release of the MOAB would start moving things along, as far as interviews go.
When did you do you're M&G? Did mine early Sep. Still no call.

I'll try again. Maybe we'll get back on track.

Over/Under on the first class date???

Huck, Falconjet, Malter. Where are ya? Make a prediction here.

June 12th. We were told April training when the MOAB was expected to be released mid Feb. Two month delay on the MOAB, two month delay on training.

But I've never been known as an optimist, either.

MsFan said:
June 12th. We were told April training when the MOAB was expected to be released mid Feb. Two month delay on the MOAB, two month delay on training.

But I've never been known as an optimist, either.

Ok, I'll give you the 15th of May, but nothing more...

TSD

First two weeks of June. Pete D. would sh!t you not. An extremely good guy.

Latest resources

Back