• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Meet and Greets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any word. Guys in my unit said things are to slow. Expecting US and world economy to slow and age 65 (Fall 07 or early 08). This will be a permenant slowdown for a while. There will still be hiring but expect to sit in the FE seat awhile and trickle movement to wide body FO in AK only, mostly 72. after 18 months or more!!!!!. Everyone and there mother trying to get into the right seat of what ever they can get before the music slows. they did not know anything about word on m&g's (rumor???). direct hire into rt seat wide and narrow will be a non player. Timing is everything and we missed the best times for a while.

Don't be so gloom. Air cargo is growing around the world and both Fedex and UPS are scrambling to get aircraft and crews to fill the need. I've been told by management types that Fedex is turning cargo away because we don't have enough lift. That is a good thing for us pilots. Hiring numbers will always vary, but the 5 year trend is great for those looking to get hired. Nobody knows how age 65 is going to impact hiring so just get your name in the hopper as fast as you can and aggressively join the race. Don't over analyze because the variables change each week. Just go for it and your chance will come! Good luck.:eek:

We got two or more years until 60 changes.

This current NPRM will make some over 60 guys hang around on the panel, but not all of them. Some were doing it anyway. And the fly till you die crowd do eventually die..........

If they are hanging hoping to get their left seat back, they are going to be very disappointed. Any change to 60 will only apply to those who haven't gotten there yet. Anyone over 60 already is done - no retroactive "re-piloting".

I'd say the jury is still out. For 103 mil (plus a 6 mil "transfer fee" - WTF??) those 2 new kung-fu pitches "no one's ever seen the in U.S.":rolleyes: better be wicked good.

He threw 250 pitches in a game in high-school. And saved the next one, a day later. He is a genetic wonderboy.

Does anybody know if they are interviewing, and if so when did the guys do their M&G? I walked a buddy of mine in back in May and haven't heard anythinng yet.

No Really, Does anyone have any GOOD information on when meet and greet's will start up. Any dates at all? Bueler ? Bueler?

Last I heard (2 weeks ago) while checking on my guy, who did his M&G June 06...was that they only had authorization from the bean counters to hire 34 guys from Jan to May 07. Those would pretty much close out the pool and maybe some of the M&G's from the beginning of 06. Factors include the bid in May, and the fiscal year ends in May as well. I was told to not even bother checking on my guy until May. Not the best news but FedEx is very cyclical they will stop then go full bore then stop again there is no middle ground. Not the best news I know, but....

Talked to my spon yesterday and he said that M&G's maybe end on june beg. of july. Any confirmation?

Latest resources

Back